mini0806 quite warm on 1st power up

It sure does...... trust me, i know.... left some stuff made of plastic in the car once, when i came back... well, let just say that it was not the same shape anymore.

typical of recycled plastics

ABS, PC or ABS/PC composites are good for over 200 degrees

If you are not in a hurry then never buy the very first production run of any product, unless you enjoy the fun of being the first to get one and discover all the issues. That even applies to expensive items like cars.

With cars we have the first model year to avoid.

With dash cams should we wait a week, a month, 6 months, a year or some other time frame to feel safer buying a "new" product?

With cars we have the first model year to avoid.

With dash cams should we wait a week, a month, 6 months, a year or some other time frame to feel safer buying a "new" product?
A year ago, I could have pre-ordered a mini 0803, now it is obsolete and unavailable so obviously a year is far too long!

Given the fairly short lifespan of each dashcam model, it only really makes sense to avoid the first production run. If everyone has issues with the first production run then you might wait for reports from people with the second batch to make sure the issues are solved. I don't see any point waiting longer than that, at some point you have to decide if you are prepared to live with any remaining issues since they will never reach perfection. They wouldn't be sold unless the manufacturer thought that most people would be happy with them and few would be returned so it is normally only minor issues that you are going to avoid by waiting, things like the quality of the graphics, paintwork or moulding, meanwhile you might have an accident and need it.

I'm still using my prototype mini 0806, it's definitely not perfect, but it does produce some nice quality video, and the GPS works 100% of the time :D

Still use my 0806 prototype too, but it is now a little modified ( long range lens )
I live far north, and got my prototype late so summer was long gone here, and all the other testers more or less was all over the issues with the prototypes.

Early adopters allways have a prize to pay, i have tried that a fjew times with computer hardware.

Can you return your prototype for a 3 month later unit.?

Can you return your prototype for a 3 month later unit.?

the prototype (engineer sample) is a trophy now so i think he will not return it...... :)

Back