Mio MiVue 792 pro vs Thinkware F800 pro

Acro

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello , fellow road users, i have recently got my hands on F800pro for a good price , but i am hesitant to slap it on my windscreen just yet , as i’ve been offered to get Mio MiVue 792 pro wifi , i have surfed internet for a while and never actually found head to head comparison of two .
Both seem to have same imx291 sensor , my main goal is purely video quality and ability to read plates fairly well .
It also has MP4 recording at 1920 x 1080, 60fps and 20Mbits/sec Which is DOUBLE of f800 PRO , any suggestions guys ?

60fps is generally only going to show benefits on the brightest of days, any other time 30fps is going to give a better result, that said though low bitrate is one of the Thinkware's biggest issue so the extra bitrate available on the Mio could be beneficial, I haven't seen any video from the Mio to be able to comment but it won't take much to outdo the Thinkware when it comes to video performance, that's not their strong point

My main concern how worse 10Mbits/sec than mios double ? I think noth can record either 30 or 60fps . MiVue inky have been out recently , there is some footage on youtube , shame there isnt any head to head

Back