Missing file recordings

I previously had an rav Power but it was a 12v 3 way charger but I think the output was too much for the mobius to handle. Can you send me some links over if possible of the 12v adapters that would be suitable. Cheers

This is the set up that I’m currently running in the back of my Works Van with the tomtom fast charger. Due to intermittent recordings I’ve restorted to placing a cable tie to see if it holds its position. Time will tell

Attachments

• 203DE6B5-6FE8-4C3B-BDF1-64204CCBECFD.jpeg
    203DE6B5-6FE8-4C3B-BDF1-64204CCBECFD.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 8
I previously had an rav Power but it was a 12v 3 way charger but I think the output was too much for the mobius to handle. Can you send me some links over if possible of the 12v adapters that would be suitable. Cheers
Anything like one of these should be adequate for the Mobius:
1527164229466.png

Note that the socket on some cars & vans is deeper than others. I cannot use the Aukey adapter in my Mazda 6 for example. The Amazon listing for the Aukey states:
1527164429238.png

You may find that the TomTom charger is just long enough for your van when you plug it in, but it works itself loose over time.

Hmm good point about the tomtom charger but is there one suitable to fit into a deeper car charger? Is there a difference with the tightness of the charger has the spring loaded sides or the smaller silver sides on it? ie the aukey one has the spring loaded sides but the anker one has different sides

I had the anker charger and it worked much better than the Aukey in my deeper 12v socket

I had the anker charger and it worked much better than the Aukey in my deeper 12v socket

I think the Anker design is better, the internals I'm not sure, the ultra short ones like the Aukey seem to be more about looks than functionality

So shall I try out the anker Power drive 2 elite compact?

have not used that one myself so can't vouch for it, I have some Blitzwolf chargers which have been very good, they're Type C and QC, not sure about their other models but these I would recommend

I have wrapped a cable tie around the tomtom charger and slightly tightened it up so there is less chance of it working it’s way loose... has been fine since approx February 2018 no missed recording on my mobius action cam

I use the Anker Tony shows on the left. My work van has stiff suspension and you feel every pebble you run over, but the 4 YO Anker stays put well.

I've had other cams act like this, and the problem was always power-related. Cheap PS's giving little power, bad cables, and loose USB ports and plugs are the cause. If you squeeze the wide side of a USB plug in slightly with pliers, that usually restores tightness to that connection. Do the work gradually in stages and stop when the plug feels secure again. If you're working on a live cable, unpowered it so that it doesn't get shorted by accident. If that doesn't solve the issue replace the cable, then the PS as necessary.

The supplied PS's with many cams are marginal at best, and this even with some good brands. I use them till they give trouble, but better is to use something like my Anker which isn't being built or sold to a price point and has plenty of power to spare. Also use only good all-copper cables; the cheap CCA types always fail in time from oxidation even when never used. Monoprice is a good brand for cables and inexpensive too.

Phil

Back