Missing footage A229 Pro 2CH

Crashed

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I noticed some weird anomaly when checking to check saved/locked footage on my A229 Pro.

Sometimes after having an auto-locked collision detection, it stopped recording for the entire trip duration until I stopped my car and it automatically went into parking mode.
It has happened to me twice, with missing footage of 10-15 minutes (the duration of my whole trip).
Post first incident, I had factory reset the dashcam and bought a new sd card.
dcm-movie.PNGmovie-ro.PNGmovie-parking.PNG

In the most recent incident, I know I saw the dashcam recording because I hit the lock video button. But later that night trying to recover that footage. It was missing that whole trip.
dcim-parking.PNG

I just noticed when going through folders. What's more confusing is the dashcam is missing DAYS of video. It only records up to 2176 KB - 4224 KB for each 2-minute segment.

MISSINGDAYS.PNG

Has anyone else endured this issue before or encountered it?
Any solutions?
Let me know if you have any questions to help diagnose this issue.

Dashcam info
----------------
Installed 12/25/2023.
Hardwired HK4 install both ACC and Constant. ACC in an empty unused fuse spot, constant on Door R/L.
Maximum quality 2min segments.
Front: V1.1_231208
Rear: V1.0_231207
Parking Rec: low bit rate

Original SD Card on first recording issue: (App Formatted) SanDisk 256GB MAX Endurance | SDSQQVR-256G-GN6IA
Current SD Card: (App Formatted) SanDisk 128GB MAX Endurance | SDSQQVR-128G-GN6IA

IMG_7875.jpgIMG_7893.jpgIMG_7894.jpg

Welcome to the forum Crashed.

I am not familiar with this particular new vifo camera, but i seem to recall something about one of the parking guard modes not working right / causing problems.
My own personal favorite parking guard mode is low bitrate, i use that on a 3 hour timer shut off, and have G-sensor on high beside that to lock any actual events.

One of the guys that did testing on this can probably fill in my blanks, ill also highlight @VIOFO-Support

Any solutions?
@viofo @VIOFO-Support

Welcome to the club.
Please document your malfunction by submitting an official support ticket here;

Unofficial Crazy Recommendations;
1.)
Use only Viofo Brand SD Cards.
All other SD Cards will “plant a seed of doubt” when reporting recording malfunctions.
Of course you should be able to use any sd card you desire meeting minimum specifications, but that is not reality.
Using a Viofo SD Card will reduce your frustration.
They’re currently 25% off on Amazon.
“You can be right, or you can be happy”
-Ex-Wife
“Buy cheap, pay twice”
-Grand Pappy

2.)
Test dash cam in your house with included USB Type-C Power Cable, and power bank or similar.
-Chuck

Buy Cheap Pay Twice .png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Panzer Platform A229 Pro 10
Back