Missing journey and other quirks

A bemused engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased a 522GW about a week ago
I am using a Samsung Pro Endurace 128GB card.
I have had the following issues
With the orginal firmware it got very hot, and missed recording on a journey (Wrote a zero lenght file)

1. I had to manualy upgrade the firmware to R23.7 dispite the PC based app stating I had the correct version
  2. I have had one missing journey where it did not record anything, I suspect this may have been the first time the card was "FULL"
  3. I have noticed on another journey where the file date stamps jumped GMT to BST (in July!)
  4. It will not pair correctly with my Samsung S21 FE 5G
It is connected via a hard wired connection into an switched auxliary feed.

Any thoughts?

By no means an expert but a couple of observations.
The unit do run a little a little warm to the touch, especially if a rear camera is also fitted.
R23.7 is the latest update and is only available manually.
Your card being “full”’ should never happen as the unit loops, ie records over the oldest file and so on. A 128GB card should give you approx 8 hours of recording if you do not use dual high/low intensity so 4 hours if you do.
GMT/ BST, I’ve never heard of this as once date/time is set usually that’s it, it self adjusts. To all intent and purpose it does sound a little sd card related, although I for one do not us a nextbase card many have changed and been trouble free after doing so.
I’m sure Millie will give you the procedure for resetting the unit, she does upload that frequently.

Back