Missing recording

Way_Farer

Reaction score
Country
India
I have encountered a strange issue (running beta 26). I was on a long drive and using a Transcend Premium 300X 64 GB card to record (card sourced from elsewhere). This is a trusty old card that has done duty on a GS90C and now does duty on SG9665GC. I record clip times of 5 mins duration. I noticed the problem back home from the drive after I downloaded the data.

I started just before 9 AM and clips with time stamps 9:03 , 08 , 13, 18 , 23 were duly recorded , but the next one is after a gap of exactly 2 hours with a stamp of 11:23. Then it went on perfectly till I changed cards at 18:55.
Theoretically the card can hold 9 hours at the SG9665GC resolution and I had break times totaling an hour. So the max limit was not reached to loop back into the first recording. Even if it had looped back - then why are the first few recordings of the day still intact ?, it should have overwritten the first clip rather than from the middle. And none of the clips are special event recordings or protected clips.

Unable to figure out this one.

Last edited:
Do you use GS90C power cord ?

When is the last time you formatted the card? Mixed files maybe?

Update to beta 27

Formatted the same day in camera and just before start of the drive. It was a completely empty and clean card.

Yup, have updated now to beta 27

Do you use GS90C power cord ?

Nope - the SG9665GC cord and adapter that came with the camera, powered from the Cigarette Lighter Socket. (Have taken out the GS90C cord and GPS Antenna while mounting the SG9665GC)

Quite a few people are now on Beta 27. No other reports of your behavior yet so let us know if you have more questions.

when memory card runs, it become hot and stop working. When it stop working, it become cooler... and when cool enough, it start working again.
I suggest you change your sd card and see what happens. And sd card is comsumable. It can't last forever.

Back