Mobile Wi-Fi and F800Pro - Possible? How much data consumption?

I figured out how to download files. The F800 Linux system has an ftp daemon. It is not, however, enabled. To turn it on, you telnet to the F800 as per your instructions, then enter:

tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd /tmp/SD0

You can then use your favorite ftp client to ftp to the F800 and download to your heart's delight.

What I have not figured out is how to make the F800 enable the ftp server each time it boots up.

Anybody have any ideas on that one?

I personally use a script to connect to the camera and enable ftp each time I need it:

Bash:
#!/usr/bin/expect

spawn telnet 192.168.42.1
expect "a12 login:"
send "root\r"
expect "#"
send "tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd /tmp\r"
interact

# lftp can be further used to sync/mirror remote folders.

I personally use a script to connect to the camera and enable ftp each time I need it:

Bash:
#!/usr/bin/expect

spawn telnet 192.168.42.1
expect "a12 login:"
send "root\r"
expect "#"
send "tcpsvd -vE 0.0.0.0 21 ftpd /tmp\r"
interact

# lftp can be further used to sync/mirror remote folders.
Thank you. I'm using Tasker along with send/expect plugin. My configuration looks exactly like yours -- and it works.

I have no idea why Thinkware doesn't either turn the ftpd daemon on automatically, or modify settings to allow end users to turn it on. Using FTP is so much faster and easier than the current standard alternatives. In my case, I'm using OpenVPN to connect to my home network, so using a file explorer that supports ftp storage units, I'm actually able to download files from the F800 directly to my home pc.

Back