Mobius + 64Gb + overwrite when full

I can confirm too !

- SDXC Kingston 64GB class 10
- formatted ExFat by the camera (through windows GUI application)
- loop recording activated
- 1.20 firmware (latest for the moment)
- with USB power cable (default one from the package, data along with the power pins)
- 2.1 amps lighter charger (Hama)
- using default battery (no super cap installed)

the camera freezes when the card gets full:

- both leds, yellow on the front / buttons and red one on the back remain always on;
- any button press (long, short) doesn't affect anything, remains on
- unpluging from power, the same

only using the reset button stops it

Trying reformatting the card (with the camera), or rewritting the firmware and config settings, it doens't have any effect.
Formatting the card with SDFormatter 4.0 on windows, using Full (Overwrite) and Format Size Adjustment ON it does the job ;)
Tried first Full (Erase) but reported as not being supported by the media.

The camera is perfect: very good video quality !

Thanks guys !

I read somewhere that the adapter used might not allow full formatting - a 64GB card would still only format & report as a 32GB card.
I've also noticed that some adapters won't let my PC see the card. I've got a range of adapters and try them all before giving up - my best one looks like a small T-shirt o_O. It's got a slot for the card and plugs directly into a USB port. The micro/SD adapter that came with the card does nothing when plugged into an SD slot - or when used with an SD/USB adapter.
Another good adapter came from the local 'poundland', it's got 4 slots for various sizes of card & a small lead with a USB plug on the end - this also works with my 64GB card.

I read somewhere that the adapter used might not allow full formatting - a 64GB card would still only format & report as a 32GB card.
I've also noticed that some adapters won't let my PC see the card. I've got a range of adapters and try them all before giving up - my best one looks like a small T-shirt o_O. It's got a slot for the card and plugs directly into a USB port. The micro/SD adapter that came with the card does nothing when plugged into an SD slot - or when used with an SD/USB adapter.
Another good adapter came from the local 'poundland', it's got 4 slots for various sizes of card & a small lead with a USB plug on the end - this also works with my 64GB card.
I've never heard about an adapter that will only 'see' 32GB of a 64GB card, but who knows? Only new-generation card readers certified for SDXC will work properly with 64 and 128GB cards. Like you, most of my card readers, I must have collected about 50 over the years, do not work. There are still plenty of standard SD (not SDXC) card readers on sale, so buyers should beware,

I've never heard about an adapter that will only 'see' 32GB of a 64GB card, but who knows? Only new-generation card readers certified for SDXC will work properly with 64 and 128GB cards. Like you, most of my card readers, I must have collected about 50 over the years, do not work. There are still plenty of standard SD (not SDXC) card readers on sale, so buyers should beware,
I didn't really understand it - I would've thought it was a simple straight pass through - but I've got loads of adapters, some will only work with the 32G, some will work with the 64G. Some SD/USB adapters won't allow me to use a microSD/SD adapter at all (but they will work with a 64G full-sized SD !
Good job I've got plenty of adapters to play with.

Should I expect also any premium brand 128GB card to do loop recording correctly with firmware 1.20 and the card formatted as instructed above?

Should I expect also any premium brand 128GB card to do loop recording correctly with firmware 1.20 and the card formatted as instructed above?
I'm not aware of any sub-premium 128GB cards being available. Are there any? I only have Sandisk.
Although I tested these cards on previous FW versions, I have not done any testing with v2.10 yet. Currently you cannot use in-camera formatting on cards greater than 64GB with v2.10. You will need to use 'guiformat' (free) or another FAT32 formatter before using 128GB cards in the Mobius. I expect this issue will be corrected in an upcoming FW update.

[EDIT] I have now tested a 128GB Sandisk with FW 1.20 over a week. I have had absolutely ZERO problems. [/EDIT]

Last edited:
Did I understand correctly that you do have personally tried a Sandisk 128GB card on Mobius and were also able to verify that the loop recording really works without problems at least with some FW version?

Did I understand correctly that you do have personally tried a Sandisk 128GB card on Mobius and were also able to verify that the loop recording really works without problems at least with some FW version?
It depends what you mean by 'really works'. I have not extensively tested the Sandisk 128GB. Neither with standard recording nor with loop recording. I have, however, used the card a good number of times and haven't had any problems so far. Yesterday I started a test with v2.10 with a 128GB card. Now, 20 hours later, I disconnected the camera. Loop recording has worked correctly. This is a very basic, short test without interruption. For serious testing I would need to do many tests over many weeks. It takes a very long time to fill up these cards! For the time being I'm afraid I don't have a spare camera for these time-consuming tests. All my tests are done in a static environment.

[EDIT] I have now tested a 128GB Sandisk with FW 1.20 over a week. I have had absolutely ZERO problems. [/EDIT]

Last edited:
Ok, thank you for the information!

thinking about getting a Mobius for my rear window, what type of cards work at 64GB for this camera reliably with the latest firmware, i'm confused??

Back