MOBIUS C2 + 64 GB Kingston blank recording after 14GB used

RobDashCam

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using version 2.41. After the SD card is filled up by more than 14 GB of videos, I then get the normal recordings at the normal size but they are just black and don't play. I have tried formatting with FAT32 and exNTFS.

Any ideas here, could it be a faulty SD card? I thought the 64GB Kingston cards formatted as FAT32 worked?

i'm running that currently. For some reason, the mSetup formatting part is greyed out in msetup tools. However, I also held down the M button and pulled the power out which seemed to format it - but i did have the same issues afterwards.

Are 64GB Kingstons normally compatible with Mobius ? Is there a recommened card I should use that will cause me no problems ?

i'm running that currently. For some reason, the mSetup formatting part is greyed out in msetup tools. However, I also held down the M button and pulled the power out which seemed to format it - but i did have the same issues afterwards.

Are 64GB Kingstons normally compatible with Mobius ? Is there a recommened card I should use that will cause me no problems ?
You have to first select the camera. Otherwise mSetup Tools won't know which card you want to format so the format option will be grayed-out.

64GB Kingston cards normally work just fine. I've tested quite a few with continuous recording over 10 days or so. At the same time I tested the Sandisk 64GB card - it self-destructed after only 12 days of continuous recording. No surprises here. This was my fifth Sandisk to self-destroy, but my first 64GB one. Luckily I got a refund and purchased a Kingston instead. Use any genuine brand names but steer well away from Sandisk. Kingston is the recommended brand. Always format your cards with FAT32 if you use loop recording.

Thank you guys - you pointed me in the right direction! :) Faulty card. That H2test program is great. It was starting to drive me nuts. Can anyone recommend a 64GB SD Card that is the most recommended for the Mobius? Many thanks.

I've had excellent, flawless results in the Mobius with the Samsung 64 GB EVO MicroSDXC for some time now, purchased from Amazon. As mentioned above @Isoprop recommends Kingston cards for the Mobius and Amazon has the 64GB at a good price as well. The Transcend has also worked for me in the Mobius long term with no issues and also sells at a good price on Amazon. Generally speaking, buy from Amazon (fulfilled by), stick with any of these three brands, stay away from Sandisk you should be fine.

Thank you for all your help guys. I have found the issue, after the seller sent me a replacement 64gb card i found both cards to be fake!

Update: I purchased another 64GB Kingston from a reputable seller I'm running H2testw right now. I noticed that the fake cards write speed was only 3.5MB/S and the new card is almost double that! Anyway...

I formatted new card with the built in mSetup formatter as exFAT and went to view my last few journeys and only about 20% of the recordings actually worked. The rest are just a black screen. Anyone have any ideas on that? I have read that 64GB Kingstons should be formatted at FAT32 ?

I formatted new card with the built in mSetup formatter as exFAT...

From the Manual... 'The most compatible cards are genuine Kingston. At the time of writing there are known problems with some 64GB cards when formatted with exFAT. For this reason it is recommended to format 64GB cards with FAT32 ... It is recommended to only use FAT32 when loop-recording is enabled'.

Always format your cards with FAT32 if you use loop recording.
At the time of writing there are known problems with some 64GB cards when formatted with exFAT. For this reason it is recommended to format 64GB cards with FAT32 ... It is recommended to only use FAT32 when loop-recording is enabled'.
Good to know this. I'm thinking about buying a 64GB card for my soon-to-arrive Mobius and I thought due to its capacity I'd have to format it with ex-FAT. You guys rock! :D

Back