Mobius Compatible MicroSD Cards

DJFRENZY

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've searched the forum and didn't find a good list of Mobius compatible MicroSD Cards detailing the firmware used as well as the memory make, capacity, class, etc. I'm interested on what the members of this forums are using that managed to have no problems after a good amount of usage.

If the topic has already been addressed, my apologizes as I didn't manage to find it. Also if Mobius has zero issues with MicroSD Cards please let me know as well.

I'm in the market for a Mobius and this information would be helpful for myself and others. Thanks in advance.

Confirmed List
  • Kingston 32 GB Class 4

Last edited:
I'm new here also so I can't advise on which cards hold up well in the Mobius camera.
I purchased a 32gb Transend Class 10 Micro SD card for my camera but haven't really used it to any extent yet.
I read on this forum to stay away from using Sandisk brand cards for your mobius camera.

I'm sure others will chime in with their experience on cards they have used.

Last edited:
Thanks Turtley. When you feel comfortable reporting back, please provide memory make, capacity, class, etc for reference. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hi. Since last August, I am using a Kingston 32 GB, Class 4, microSD card in my Mobius B Lens camera with zero problems so far. I do check the video files every 3-4 days since I can not trust only to the led showing the camera its recording in rear window of my car. But my advice is to go to kingston site and check who is the certified seller in your area so you can buy an original microSD card.

Thanks PadWanJoe! Hopefully more will add to the list.

I don't think that card manufacturers can be trusted to make cards that are consistent in specification.

For example, at least 2 people have recently reported issues with Kingston 32GB Class 10 cards. I bought the same card at the same time, & it's working perfectly.

As @Isoprop said... "Lately there seem to be a few Kingston class 10 that don't work properly with the Mobius. Assuming they are genuine (are they?) the card manufacturer may have used a different controller - which is not good.
It has always been emphasized that class 4 are the most reliable cards."

You can create a list of approved cards, however, there's no guarantee that the Samsung Evo recommended by one person has the same internal specification as the Samsung Evo that you buy.

Russ, you are correct. We can't guarantee a 100% accurate list. However, it's a topic to discuss and something to refer to at your own risk.

Russ, you are correct. We can't guarantee a 100% accurate list. However, it's a topic to discuss and something to refer to at your own risk.
As a few people have posted, it's impossible to guarantee which cards will work. No one knows what controller the card manufacturer uses and these can change from batch to batch.
To be on the safe side you should avoid cards with a class rating above 4 and avoid Sandisk at all costs (even class 4!). If you can find a card that is more than 3 years old then your chances of having a reliable card are even better - so long the card hasn't been used that much.
If I were to make a list it would contain one single card: Kingston Class 4.

I have also been using the Kingston Class 4 32Gb and found no probs and the cheapest place I purchased was from Amazon ES.

My mobius arrived today and I put a Sandisk 32gb Class 4 in it. No problem here

Samsung 64GB Class 10 SDXC formatted with "SD Formatter V4"

Samsung 64GB Class 10 SDXC formatted with "SD Formatter V4"
You'll almost certainly have problems if you use loop recording with exFAT. For loop recording you should only use FAT32. Otherwise exFAT is fine.

You'll almost certainly have problems if you use loop recording with exFAT. For loop recording you should only use FAT32. Otherwise exFAT is fine.

Hmm I'll have to check and see what it's at. If not I'll check out FAT32 (or does SD Formatter format as exFAT automatically? Can't remember...):)

Hmm I'll have to check and see what it's at. If not I'll check out FAT32 (or does SD Formatter format as exFAT automatically? Can't remember...):)
You can't chose the format in SDFormatter, it does it automatically. <64GB = FAT32, >=64GB = exFAT.
Set the format parameter in the Mobius settings and then use the in-camera formatting routine to format your card to FAT32.

In my mobius I used 64 gb and 128gb in exFAT and perfect.

What kind of problems can I expect with a 64GB card formatted to exfat?

Please excuse my ignorance - but - I don't understand the term. I just bought a mobius but have not received it yet.....

Looping. Will not over write oldest files.

Back