Mobius Compatible MicroSD Cards

What does it overwrite? I have always thought it was the oldest.

That's to answer his post. If formatted wrong will not loop/ overwrite oldest.

A newb and so lost when it comes to terms etc. I was so eager to get my Mobius (Wide Angle 1080p) and to start recording that I didn't do the proper background work when it came to microSD cards. I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought a SanDisk 64GB (red/grey) with a class 10 rating. I'm guessing this won't work on my camera based on the comments. Hopefully I can take this back and return it.

A newb and so lost when it comes to terms etc. I was so eager to get my Mobius (Wide Angle 1080p) and to start recording that I didn't do the proper background work when it came to microSD cards. I went to my local Wal-Mart and bought a SanDisk 64GB (red/grey) with a class 10 rating. I'm guessing this won't work on my camera based on the comments. Hopefully I can take this back and return it.

It will probably work fine, possibly even for quite a long period of time. The problem with these SanDisk cards is that they may suddenly fail when you least expect it.

Last edited:
It will probably work fine, possibly even for quite a long period of time. The problem with these SanDisk cards is that they may fail unexpectedly when you least expect it.

First, thank you so much for taking the time to even respond and help. So keeping the SanDisk should be fine? I was going to try and return it today and buy a Kingston Digital 32GB Class 4 on Amazon.

First, thank you so much for taking the time to even respond and help. So keeping the SanDisk should be fine? I was going to try and return it today and buy a Kingston Digital 32GB Class 4 on Amazon.

You're welcome!

If you are able to return the SandDisk card, I would. Why use a card you need to worry might fail?

Amazon is an excellent place to purchase memory cards because you know you will be getting a genuine one. Just be sure it says "ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" on the sales page and use caution from sellers not using Amazon fulfillment.
Kingston and Transcend are good choices. I've never had any issues whatsoever using Class 10 cards in any of my Mobi.

You're welcome!

If you are able to return the SandDisk card, I would. Why use a card you need to worry might fail?

Amazon is an excellent place to purchase memory cards because you know you will be getting a genuine one. Just be sure it says "ships from and sold by Amazon.ca" on the sales page and use caution from sellers not using Amazon fulfillment.
Kingston and Transcend are good choices. I've never had any issues whatsoever using Class 10 cards in any of my Mobi.

Yeah I'm going to try and return it today. Hopefully it'll be ok, I paid $50 for it so I would be annoyed if I took that L. I saw a more updated post on the cards, and saw Transcend mentioned. Was going to go with that or Kingston via Amazon.

Like @Dashmellow said, class 10 will work on Mobius. Class 4 is hard to find. I've no problem using Kingston Class 10.

Transcend class 10 for me, Kingston has an equally good reputation and more time in the memory business. SanDisk is fine for other things but doesn't play along well with most dashcams.

Phil

Like @Dashmellow said, class 10 will work on Mobius. Class 4 is hard to find. I've no problem using Kingston Class 10.

There was a time not too long ago where there was a sizeable price difference between the Class 4 and the Class 10 and earlier versions of the Mobius were happier with the Class 4. Now the Class 4 is becoming essentially obsolete and as @Bungus points out, harder to find. There is no longer any reason price-wise or compatibility-wise with the Mobius not to go for the higher class cards.

I've been using a 64GB Sandisk Ultra in the Mobius that cops the most abuse (ie. parked outside all year. ) Today I noticed the Mobius case is warped (badly) so took it out to check the video. The last recorded file was a couple of days ago- nothing for today. I've just tried to format the card and it fails - sometimes "card is write protected" or "Windows is unable to format the card."

A bit of searching found this: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8656/kw/micro sdxc write protect
"Write protection errors occur when a flash drive detects a potential fault within itself. The drive will go into write-protected mode to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. To verify the issue is related to the flash drive and not your computer we recommend that you try plugging the USB drive into another port on your computer. You should also try the drive on another computer if possible."

So I guess I need a new card. :(

Anyone had problems using a 128Gb Sandisk Ultra?

upload_2017-1-24_13-56-48.png

Lexar 300x SDHC 32gb dont work inside my mobius.
It works computer, phone, camera but not inside mobius. When i connect mobius with my computer that card inside and opening msetup, then i dont see there that card, and also cant format. If i format with windows to FAT32 or exFat it does not work also.

Bought next some A-Data SDHC 16gb card to test and it works... (too bad i didnt bought 32gb :( )

What caused the Mobius case to warp - just the heat inside the car? Any pics to share?

And a new camera?

Yes, heat, it gets up to 45 C where I live. It did suffer a small amount of warping after a higher capacity replacement battery bulged, but it's now really obvious. (It's had a capacitor inside since the battery bulged.)

No, the Mobius appears to still be alive. The electronics appear to be tougher than the case!

Lexar 300x SDHC 32gb dont work inside my mobius.
It works computer, phone, camera but not inside mobius. When i connect mobius with my computer that card inside and opening msetup, then i dont see there that card, and also cant format. If i format with windows to FAT32 or exFat it does not work also.

Bought next some A-Data SDHC 16gb card to test and it works... (too bad i didnt bought 32gb :( )

I'm running a Lexar 300X in one of mine. I did have a lot of trouble getting it formatted and working, but can't recall the exact procedure I used. Have you tried using "SDFormatter"? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Last edited:
Yes, heat, it gets up to 45 C where I live. It did suffer a small amount of warping after a higher capacity replacement battery bulged, but it's now really obvious. (It's had a capacitor inside since the battery bulged.)

No, the Mobius appears to still be alive. The electronics appear to be tougher than the case!

I'm running a Lexar 300X in one of mine. I did have a lot of trouble getting it formatted and working, but can't recall the exact procedure I used. Have you tried using "SDFormatter"? https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
Thanks for the software, it works now :)

Back