Mobius Firmware v0.57 low light issue

Just got my Mobius with B lens. Drove last evening during low light & fog and I noticed I have the same problem with flickering image. Moreover, it seems that image is getting in slow motion from time to time, especially in very low light conditions. No problems during daylight.

Moreover, it seems that image is getting in slow motion from time to time, especially in very low light conditions..

most often this is a playback problem, which player are you using and what's your computer hardware spec like?

It is not playback problem (I think). I played it from SD card and I thought that I should copy it locally. I copied it locally and it is the same. I played it with RegistratorViewer and also with WindowsMediaPlayer. Only the parts with low light (and flickering image) are behaving like this. The recordings that I've done during daylight have no problems.

I thought it is because I have a class 4 card, but when I checked the file properties it looks like the BitRate is the same for all files. So I suspect that low light + flickering is overloading the Mobius components and it cannot record fluently.

I can confirm this is not a playback issue. my PC got enough power to handle 1080P videos (core i5 and 8G of ram).
also, daylight videos are working OK. it looks like the camera is having a hard time to cope with the WB which result in a stuttery and slowmo video.
anyway, went back to V0.47 until WB issues are sorted out.

For me worked fine. Tested A and B lens v0.57.
PC core quad i7 8Gb Ram etc.
VLC, KMPlayer.

I watched it in VLC and it is the same result, so no issues with the playback.

V0.57 has been like a lottery.
I guess need to wait for stage 2 firmware. Hopefully mobius releas it this year?

-> is this FW version compatible with lens B? (I have wide lens)
-> does it have the "dashcam features"? Like starting recording when the car starts?
-> does it have WDR?

For me worked fine. Tested A and B lens v0.57.
PC core quad i7 8Gb Ram etc.
VLC, KMPlayer.

Fine for me too. Lens B.

Do you have 'Artificial Light Frequency' set to 50 Hz or 60 Hz? I know this parameter relates to indoor lighting, but I'm wondering whether it may affect video recorded under street lighting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fine for me too. Lens B.

Do you have 'Artificial Light Frequency' set to 50 Hz or 60 Hz? I know this parameter relates to indoor lighting, but I'm wondering whether it may affect video recorded under street lighting?
50Hz -> this is standard for Europe.

50Hz -> this is standard for Europe.

I know. Mine is set to 50 Hz. I'm asking niko whether both cams were set to 50 Hz when he recorded his videos.

I know. Mine is set to 50 Hz. I'm asking niko whether both cams were set to 50 Hz when he recorded his videos.

In my tests both set to 50Hz

V0.57 has been like a lottery.
I guess need to wait for stage 2 firmware. Hopefully mobius releas it this year?
Tweaks made since v0.47 have indeed lead to the flickering issues. Stage 2 is being held off until these issues are solved. We have tested 3 firmwares over the last few days, but the results are not yet satisfactory.
I'm sure you'll agree that it's important to get stage 1 working properly before continuing onto stage 2.
v0.47 does not support the following settings:

• Lens Type A or B
  • Artificial light frequency 50Hz or 60Hz
  • Large or Narrow AOV (angle of view)
  • Rotate 180° is a global function and affects all modes
  • Auto-start is a global function for both the power button and USB external power connect
  • Power-off disconnect parameters not implemented
You can used both the A and B lenses with v0.47 but there is no color adjustment for lens B.

I'm trying to downgrade to FW 0.47 but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

In the GUI, at FW versions, the V0.57 is the only one available...any help with a download source? thx!

I'm trying to downgrade to FW 0.47 but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

In the GUI, at FW versions, the V0.57 is the only one available...any help with a download source? thx!
The GUI will only find what's already been downloaded or what's available on the 'official' RC Groups download page. If you have firmware downloaded from other sources you can rename the zip using the same naming convention as the available file. It will then be available in the GUI. The file location is usually the same folder as the GUI but will be different if you are running the GUI from a "Windows" reserved folder. If you are unsure, the Tools dialog displays the working folder at the bottom of the window. The advantage of using the GUI to upgrade/downgrade the firmware is that current settings will (normally) be retained and the firmware is CRC checked when extracting and copying to the camera. It's also a wee bit faster than updating manually.

Back