Mobius Issues

DMICS

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey what's up DCT/Mobius community. I have one major concern and a few other questions where your help, guidance would be appreciated. I was going to post them in the support thread but after getting no response to a post I made a few weeks ago I decided to try here.

So I've been in NYC for nearly a month on "vacay" and over the past 1 1/2 weeks the city has been hit with humid temps. Also, where I'm staying the AC is broken so its hotter inside than outside most days. A few days ago I thought I had fully charged my Mobius (keep in mind while I'm here I've been charging it with the black USB cord the Mobius comes with via my Macbook - At home back in Canada I have a USB outlet for charging) when I went out to do some video work I noticed after about 45 mins of action the camera battery died.

Tuesday night I decided to recharge it (or I thought I was recharging it), and took it out yesterday to do some video work. After turning it on, instantly it shut down pretty much indicating it was never charged on Tuesday...or there's a more serious issue. Last night and this morning i've been trying to charge it but the same thing happens every time:

- The yellow light flashes slowly, then speeds up and flashes fast, then a flicker of red light and it shuts down. Usually when I see that it means (to me) that the battery was never charged.

OR

- The yellow light just flashes all day, never stopping or coming off while the USB is plugged into my Macbook.

Now I'm really concerned. I tried charging it in an alternate USB port on my Macbook, and I tried connecting the Mobius USB to the wall block charger for my iPhone. Still getting the same issue. And I'm still in NYC until the end of the month with a few more projects I was hoping to do with my Mobius.

Last edited:
Bought in 2016. Mobius 1.

I THINK I found the issue, which is weird. I guess my memory card was full so once I cleared some of it the camera was able to charge. If this is the case I'm confused but I'll take it. Was either that or having the camera near the open refrigerator to get some cool air.

Funny enough I was already looking to change replace it. I asked about it in this thread but got no response. What I didn't know was the life span of the battery, so you say every 2 years a change is probably needed?

After two years you probably do need a new battery but really it's a question of whether your battery can still hold a good charge. When you first turn on the Mobius the rear RED LED will blink three times if the battery has a full charge. If after turning on the camera it only blinks RED once, the battery is getting low indicating the need to charge it. If after charging the battery for a couple of hours you still don't get three quick RED flashes when turning the camera on you'll know the old battery can no longer hold a good charge and it is time to replace it.

It would depend on the amount of use/heat exposure, but for $7, it's cheap insurance.

The best deal these days on a Mobius replacement battery (the new 820 mAh version) is from Banggood at $4.82 shipped.

Go to Luger's (unbelievable steak house), buy a new battery, the sun will start shining, you will be happy:):cool:.

Back