Mobius Maxi New Edition

That's the same B lens Maxi camera that's been available all along, except that it has an orange heat sink which is useful to drone and RC enthusiasts who sometimes find themselves needing to find their cameras in the grass after a crash. Both the black & orange cameras were introduced at the same time AFAIK.

Correct - both orange and black are identical in terms of functions.

Webbex simply bought the black cameras first, and now they have some of the orange variants for sale too. I've used them many times for my Mobius purchases in the UK.

Thanks for the reply guys, would you say it’s better to buy a maxi now instead of buying a v1 c3 mobius these days?

If it's going to be your only camera, then no. No at least till the random lockups and at times not starting up are resolved.

Isn't the not starting up issue restricted to diesel cars only reading from your other thread? Isn't the cause the 2 stage ignition process on diesel?

Not starting up happened a couple of times since putting in the capacitor kit, turned on after unplugging and plugging the USB cable a few times.

Not tried the capacitor yet, but on the battery have had a handful of 'no starts'. Somewhere in the normal range for the older mobiuses.
(Diesel truck, possibly related to idle shut down timer stuff.)

I found that setting "Power off disconnect" to '2 seconds' rather than 'immediate' cured the auto-start with both battery and capacitor in my diesel car. However each car/truck is different so that may not work for everyone.

I understand that Jokiin says Mobius could do the startup routine better. I'm simply working with what the FW currently allows.

'2 seconds' works for my car also, no issues when switching from ACC or ON to START. Still looking forward to 'immediate' being fixed as then they could do the same for the M1.

BTW what's the status of the currently disabled Wi-Fi and is Mobius working on a smartphone app or are we supposed to be happy with just mSetup. Just like the M2, it's a pain to get the aim right.

BTW what's the status of the currently disabled Wi-Fi and is Mobius working on a smartphone app or are we supposed to be happy with just mSetup. Just like the M2, it's a pain to get the aim right.
For aiming the camera I use the MobiusActionCam android app and an OTG USB cable. The app has not been updated to allow changing the Maxi configuration, but live view works just fine.

Mobius are also working on their own app.

For aiming the camera I use the MobiusActionCam android app and an OTG USB cable. The app has not been updated to allow changing the Maxi configuration, but live view works just fine.

Mobius are also working on their own app.

I've not been able to get it to work, app doesn't recognise the Maxi. Same phone and app version work fine with the M1.

Good to know, looking forward.

I've not been able to get it to work, app doesn't recognise the Maxi. Same phone and app version work fine with the M1.
Android or apple?

The Android version, haven't seen one for iOS yet.

this the app is Android only isn't it?
I only have android. I didn't know if there was a similar app available in the apple store...

Mobius' app should work with both phone OS

Tried again today, working with the M1 but Maxi is not recognised. Also locked up on connecting it to the phone, had to reset it using the reset button to get it working again.

Back