Mobius Maxi Support Thread

@Mobius @TonyM I've tested the Maxi current consumption during record using Keweisi USB power meter and 2 different power supplies. both showed during record the Maxi takes only 0.3-03.5A . Does this make sense?
Yes. A current draw of 0.3-0.4A is about right. It peaks at over 0.5A, therefore a 1A power supply is recommended.

Yes. A current draw of 0.3-0.4A is about right. It peaks at over 0.5A, therefore a 1A power supply is recommended.
thanks. so I can confirm my issues are not caused by a bad power supply

@tomerrr I've been driving around for a few days using your Maxi setup file and a 32GB Transcend U1 card. Apart from the issue related to motion detection and enabling wifi that I mentioned a few days ago, I have not experienced any problems recording video.

by any chance, did the Maxi switch your settings to 1080/60 resolution ? it happened to me a couple of times using the 32GB Sandisk card

by any chance, did the Maxi switch your settings to 1080/60 resolution ? it happened to me a couple of times using the 32GB Sandisk card
No - still going at 2.7k

i've put my maxi back in action as a front dashcam hardwired. Got supercap running and all with the standard settings.

But a few times I've seen the camera produce a pink light and removing the usb power cable, it will still remain pink even with no power to it?

Any ideas what this is?

i've put my maxi back in action as a front dashcam hardwired. Got supercap running and all with the standard settings.

But a few times I've seen the camera produce a pink light and removing the usb power cable, it will still remain pink even with no power to it?

Any ideas what this is?
what are your settings for
power off disconnect
power off standby
pink light probably means the red and blue leds are on at the same time . sounds like your maxi goes into standby after power disconnect

pink light probably means the red and blue leds are on at the same time . sounds like your maxi goes into standby after power disconnect
Constant blue is standby in video mode 2.
Constant red can indicate that sound recording is turned off. Or it can mean that wifi is connected.

what are your settings for
power off disconnect
power off standby
I took it out my car, and connected to laptop. Doing so sometimes produces a green solid light and now for the past 10 minutes producing a pink light. Can't seem to get it to go into the PC mode for it to show up on msetup. Also taking out the wire from PC causes the pink light to stay on the maxi, even though it has a super cap.

Maxi seems awfully complex to operate compared to mobius 1

green solid light = off / battery charging (even with a cap. you still get the green light) .
i think you need to read the manual, the maxi is quite different than the mobius1, even with connecting to pc for configuration with msetup -

1. GUI (Graphical User Interface) configuration - recommended method for Windows users
The camera must be in Webcam mode in order to set the parameters by software. (unlike the mobius1)

led staying on after disconnecting from power, means your power off standby is probably set too long

when you connect it to the PC, does your OS recognize it as Removable Disk ?

green solid light = off / battery charging (even with a cap. you still get the green light) .
i think you need to read the manual, the maxi is quite different than the mobius1, even with connecting to pc for configuration with msetup -

1. GUI (Graphical User Interface) configuration - recommended method for Windows users
The camera must be in Webcam mode in order to set the parameters by software. (unlike the mobius1)

led staying on after disconnecting from power, means your power off standby is probably set too long

when you connect it to the PC, does your OS recognize it as Removable Disk ?
yes normally i am putting it into webcam mode to cange settings. Now whenever I connect it, it is just producing a pink light, nothing comes up on the pc.

Last week it worked fine.

have you tried resetting?
also, i've encountered a lot of times where it just stopped working, because a bad write to the sd card, causing zero kb file on the card. in that situation, it would just go into standby whenever connected to power and that's it.

@Mobius This is the second time I have a problem with the T&D Stamp. The actual time was around 14.00 (it is normally dark here at midnight) and 3 days later.

When are you going to sort out all of the problems? (although I would be happy with just some of them for now)T&D Stamp.jpg

@Mobius
When are you going to sort out all of the problems? (although I would be happy with just some of them for now)View attachment 45982

That comes across as a bit harsh tbh. The volunteer testers and development team are always working and trying to resolve issues for the end consumer but sometimes it's not until a product goes to mass market that it REALLY shows up any flaws or areas of improvement.
Look at the forums for just about every major 'flagship' mobile phone released recently which are full of complaints and 'why did the developers not sort this first' style comments. My handset was released 5 months ago and only now are most (not all) of the issues being resolved, but my handset manufacturer has a massive R&D department compared to a smaller manufacturer like the people who produce Mobius.
It takes time, yes it can be frustrating but if you have a little patience then hopefully it'll get sorted out sooner rather than later.
Yes there are usage/performance issues that I would like addressed with regards to the Mobius Maxi but overall its a great little dashcam in my opinion and I'm willing to wait till they make it an awesome little dashcam with firmware updates.
On a footnote....thanks anyone who tests and contributes. This end user thoroughly appreciates it.

That comes across as a bit harsh tbh.
Glad I got the tone correct.(y)

Yes there are usage/performance issues that I would like addressed with regards to the Mobius Maxi but overall its a great little dashcam in my opinion and I'm willing to wait till they make it an awesome little dashcam with firmware updates.
The Maxi is not a great little dash cam at all. Post #423 highlights what I see as the fundamental flaw with this camera showing it is totally unsuitable to be used as a dash cam and relying on it as such is foolhardy. In the event of an accident the power to the camera may well be lost in which case the camera shuts down. Although the final clip is saved the last few seconds ARE NOT! Those few seconds could include any impact footage or any other important ID evidence. The

Most of the issues on this thread should have been picked up during basic pre release testing. Certain functions just do not work at all and have never done so. The Motion Detect failure was known about over 8 months ago and has still to be fixed. Having the correct time and date on footage can be crucial if used as evidence, having the incorrect time and date could be costly if you are accused of some infraction and the footage of you driving within the law has the wrong day on it.

The Mobius Maxi should not be trusted as a Dash Cam and for it to still be on sale and advertised as such is wrong.:(

@Mobius This is the second time I have a problem with the T&D Stamp. The actual time was around 14.00 (it is normally dark here at midnight) and 3 days later.

View attachment 45982

Problems with the time&date are usually caused by the internal battery or capacitor not keeping the onboard clock running between uses of the camera. I recall you are using a battery rather than a capacitor. It may be that the battery is failing. On DCT we always recommend using a capacitor in any dashcam, not just Mobius.

If the internal clock stops, I think the Maxi continues timing from the last recorded time stamp. If the camera is repeatedly running out of power, then the clock will get further and further behind over time.

The Maxi is not a great little dash cam at all. Post #423 highlights what I see as the fundamental flaw with this camera showing it is totally unsuitable to be used as a dash cam and relying on it as such is foolhardy. In the event of an accident the power to the camera may well be lost in which case the camera shuts down. Although the final clip is saved the last few seconds ARE NOT! Those few seconds could include any impact footage or any other important ID evidence.
This issue was fixed in beta testing two months ago. Although Mobius continue to fix other bugs as they are reported, I do think this critical bug deserves a FW release for all Maxi dashcam users.

This issue was fixed in beta testing two months ago. Although Mobius continue to fix other bugs as they are reported, I do think this critical bug deserves a FW release for all Maxi dashcam users.
Some public betas would help
That would be nice as who knows what other bugs might crop up after an update.:unsure:

Problems with the time&date are usually caused by the internal battery or capacitor not keeping the onboard clock running between uses of the camera.............................. If the camera is repeatedly running out of power.
On both occasions this has happened to me I have put the Maxi on charge but the Green light goes off after a couple of minutes. I have then fired it up and the Maxi records for around 90 minutes. I doubt this is a battery issue.

I recall you are using a battery rather than a capacitor. It may be that the battery is failing. On DCT we always recommend using a capacitor in any dashcam, not just Mobius.
I like to also use the Maxi out of the vehicle. A capacitor would not allow me to do this.

Back