Mobius turning off while driving

Bricksmasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Mobius
Hi

I have a front and a rear mobius, not sure why, but recently, when I turn the ignitition on the both seem to start up fine, but sometimes when I turn the engine on they both stop recording and turn off, they are both pretty much new, and it seems odd to me, wondering if its a simple setting or even the cigarette adapter i bought (Anker, which is also new)

Settings I have on the GUI are the same for both:
Power on Auto Record - Both
Power on Delay, was on delay - just turned onto Fast
Motion Detect: off

Is there anything else anyone can think of? seems weird they both work while car is powered up but when engine is running they seem to cut off sometimes

Mark

I’m having a similar issue that I’m trying to track down. I have front (v3) and rear (original) cams both fed by a LUKAS LK-290 and a Veetop Dual USB socket charger. Both cams have super caps and the latest c lens.

I suspected the voltage fluctuation while starting the engine was triggering shutdown. I tried downgrading firmware and experimenting with the power off settings without luck. Fortunately it only seems to be happening with the rear cam so I have switched them around and put the newer V3 at the back. Haven’t noticed a problem over the last day, but if that works it would point to a cabling or charger port issue that the newer V3 board can deal with better.

Must be as mentioned a fluctation in power, as if I power up the car without engine on for a while they record, then I trun engine on they turn off, If I just turn engine on straight away they stay on and record fine. simple fix which is good lol

Back