Mobius user - upgrade or stick with another Mobius?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to get a new Dashcam. I will retire my 18month old Mobius to her car, and new one for me.

I am after features such as, GPS, G-Sensor (as in, G's pulled round corners) and maybe a screen, although not essential.

I have been incredibly happy with the Mobius, but wondering if there is a new contender on the market around the same sort of price bracket... or just stick to what I know?

I have been incredibly happy with the Mobius

Tough to better what you know that you like, but if you're willing to chance possible disappointment there are many others to try. They will cost more than the Mobius though; sometimes a lot more, but they will have GPS, a screen, and other features the Mobius may not have.

I'm not sure that you understand how the word "G-Sensor" is used regarding dashcams. It does not measure "G" forces like an accelerometer, rather it activates the camera if the vehicle is bumped while parked and/or it locks the file encompassing the incident so that it is not over-written.

Phil

Tough to better what you know that you like, but if you're willing to chance possible disappointment there are many others to try. They will cost more than the Mobius though; sometimes a lot more, but they will have GPS, a screen, and other features the Mobius may not have.

I'm not sure that you understand how the word "G-Sensor" is used regarding dashcams. It does not measure "G" forces like an accelerometer, rather it activates the camera if the vehicle is bumped while parked and/or it locks the file encompassing the incident so that it is not over-written.

Phil

Hey man,

I was thinking like this video, see the G's, and has 'lap times'. Is this an overlay used from a mobile phone app or is this built into the camera. Not sure on its proper name but, senses the G's pulled.

almost all cams will have a g-sensor. how it's used and displayed will be different for each model. the g-sensor data is displayed on many street guardian and panorama models during recording.

Sorry to disappoint but dash-cams won't serve for adequately measuring cornering, acceleration, or braking forces in a moving car.

And just so you know, most of the accelerometers you will see in cars read ridiculously optimistic values just to impress (read rip-off) the casual owner who has no clue how few "G's" anything short of a formula one car can pull in a corner or how small acceleration forces are in anything less than a Top-Fuel dragster. If they showed the truth, you'd be ashamed to let your buddies see it and you'd want your money back. Lab-calibrated equipment like this starts at 4 figures or is a part of an even more expensive performance monitoring system, and even it has to be re-calibrated periodically to maintain accuracy. What you see on the street is like a huge tach; it looks impressive but it means nothing.

Phil

That makes sense Sawmaster, I assumed its just some sort of gimmicky thing but get an average idea.

This was the video - forgot to post it!

SO ! a guy in a M3 is a fjew seconds faster than a girl in a van :D

I'm about to order my first dash cam kinda stuck between Mobius C2 or add a few bucks get the Mini 0805?

Hi. I was wondering myself back in 2014: Mobius B lens or Mini 0801? For more stealth mounting and far way better support (ie FW upgrade) I had chosen the Mobius and I am still happy with my pick.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I have the Mobius C2, and it is a very versatile, solid performing camera. No experience with 0805. Good luck!

Thanks i ordered my first dash cam mobius c2 from banggood.

Looks like I'm getting a package today! :) would 64gb Samsung C10 Micro SD works on latest FW?

Last edited:
You want to feel the excitement of pulling a few Gs round a corner?
Go buy a vehicle with a bench seat covered with pleather (or what the heck that crap is supposed to be that they used to cover seats with). As there is zero support, even the slightest corner will have you sliding over that seat as though you and the seat were greased within an inch of your lives.:D

...even the slightest corner will have you sliding over that seat as though you and the seat were greased within an inch of your lives.:D
Which I used to my advantage many times when dating back in my teens. :)

I have been incredibly happy with the Mobius, but wondering if there is a new contender on the market around the same sort of price bracket... or just stick to what I know?

If you want the same form factor, the Super-HD WiFi enabled JooVuu X should be quite nice once released.

Back