Mobius will not overwrite old files when card is full

dsc

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi guys, first post here. I've had my Mobius for a couple weeks now, and I've noticed that both time my 32GB microSD card (Transcend 300x) has gotten full, the camera will not overwrite the old files and continue recording. When it's full, it powers on and the the light starts flashing faster and faster, then powers off.

I'm using 3 minutes segments with 1080p. Files are around 348MB each on the card.
I'm also running the latest firmware.

I've looked around online and couldn't find much, except for this older thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-64gb-overwrite-when-full.4579/

Any help would be very appreciated as this is getting kind of annoying. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
And you have set the setting that it may overwrite old files?. I think i saw a setting for that somewhere in the configuration software.

And you have set the setting that it may overwrite old files?. I think i saw a setting for that somewhere in the configuration software.

I'm pretty sure I do. Do you happen to know what that setting is called? I'll double check when I get off work and have my Windows machine.
I will also try formatting with SDFormatter 4.0.

The setting is called 'Loop Recording' and it's under the Mode 1 tab.

I have this problem too but I do not have the micro card brand that folks here recommended.

I have a samsung 64g class 10. Reformat it by using the sdformatter thats in this site. Its looped after the format but now after two weeks it stopped looping again.

I just delete old files for now and when I have time I will look into it again. Following this thread for now.

I have this problem too but I do not have the micro card brand that folks here recommended.

I have a samsung 64g class 10. Reformat it by using the sdformatter thats in this site. Its looped after the format but now after two weeks it stopped looping again.

I just delete old files for now and when I have time I will look into it again. Following this thread for now.
This is what often (typically) happens if your card is formatted with exFAT. If you want to use loop recording you should always format your 64GB card to FAT32. You can do this with the camera's internal formatting routine but make sure you have the parameters correctly set. You can't used SDFormatter for this. If you want to use your PC to format your 64GB card (not recommended) you can use the freeware program "guiformat".
All the same, it's good practice to format your card from time to time.

If you want to use loop recording you should always format your 64GB card to FAT32. You can do this with the camera's internal formatting routine but make sure you have the parameters correctly set.

Sorry to resurect an older thread but am trying to become "more informed"....
I will indeed want to loop record and am a bit uncertain about "have the parameters correctly set"
Could someone kindly elaborate on this - thanks.

Sorry to resurect an older thread but am trying to become "more informed"....
I will indeed want to loop record and am a bit uncertain about "have the parameters correctly set"
Could someone kindly elaborate on this - thanks.

means the guy set it up wrong

Back