Motion detection & recycle

mistapuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Got 2 0805s, bought from different places recently although they look identical and the boxes are identical, similar firmware:
FW 20141204 V1.0
FW 20141211 V1.0

The micro SD card seems to work fine, both are using a 32gb Samsung Evo Class 10 (retail packaging). They both record and do everything fine. Motion detect works fine when standing on the drive / parked etc, and also when driving day or night. It does work if the slightest thing moves!

The problem is when the card is full the cameras crash! I've just tested with one camera tonight and it recycles if motion detect is disabled and it is permanently recording. But I would like to catch instances when the car is parked up as well and so have motion detection on (set to high). For power I have got them both hardwired into the car to a permanent 12v live. (Front and rear)

Any ideas why they won't recycle when motion detection is enabled? I've formatted both in the camera and on the PC. I even tried exFat on the PC, the camera started recording then requested I format it, which I did, and it continued to record. Seems like more of a firmware issue than a card issue possibly? I'm new to this game, so any help is appreciated.

Coulnd't try this yet, I just received mine. But I kind of have a similar question. So if you run with uninterupted power, do you stop the cam manually whenever you park?

Last edited:
Update to my original post....

I found disabling GPS stops the crashes.....don't know why! But as it's not that important to me I don't use it. I manually set the date and time, have that displayed (stamped) on the video and that's it.

To answer your question - no, I don't manually stop....or start....the camera at all. I completely leave it alone until an incident happens. It's permanently on, 12v live, and runs on motion detect high. And it's been working very well for me. As soon as you move off in the car they click on, even at night when it's dark.

The only problem is the rain does set it off. So I'm using 128gb cards so the video files aren't recycled too frequently. Always use genuine cards, and always test them first using "h2testw", even if you think they are genuine.

I bought an 0806 to see if it had improved regarding crashes etc, however the motion detection even on high was so rubbish I sent it back the same day. You had to dance in front of it to set it off, whereas the 0805 is nice and sensitive - just right.

I have the same problem in the test. Is there any way like update firmware can fix the bug ?

Same problem here, i`v got mines with firmware 20150821, tried different versions of software,no software fix that. Disabling GPS helps, but what sense to buy camera with GPS to turn it off later...

Last edited:
I try small sdcard and it help. But 32G card is not enough. Waiting for better solution :)

I try small sdcard and it help. But 32G card is not enough. Waiting for better solution :)
You mean 32G is small card? I`m tried kingston and sandisk 32Gb cards, does not work for me.

You mean 32G is small card? I`m tried kingston and sandisk 32Gb cards, does not work for me.
then you may try turn to loop at 1 minute. Maybe it work. And auto turn off screen sets at 1 minute. Auto turn off machine sets at off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ELNINO Mini 0805 7
Back