Motorcycle going offroad

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
They are not build for this.

Some motorcycles are designed to go off road, I prefer riding off road myself, fewer cars to hit you. But that looks like a bunch of road bikes out for an afternoon ride, did not go well for one of them. He did get some good hang time though. ;)

The take off "ramp" look a little nasty for a high speed launch off it, so i think you will have to be a experienced rider and on a motard bike to make it in style.

I like offroading too, in a car or on a quad or dirtbike / motard, but sadly my country is so small we dont have any areas to drive in, allso we are pretty flat so beside mud holes there is no real challenge here.
I am wondering if this is a novice rider, it dont look like he have too much speed to be forced into the oncomming lane.
Or he could have hit a little dirt on the road beeing forced to steer strait for a while.

In HD for all to enjoy. They were also running people off of the roads on the opposite lane before the crash.

Aaaa so it was one of those "outlaw" riders.

I dont get those bikers driving like madman in a large group, with my stand on things, that would take all the joy out of riding as you have ppl all around at all times, and most likely driving like madmen.

But perhaps i misundestand somthing as motorcycles is one of the fjew things i am not certified for.

I hate it when a video like this is posted, but they don't include the butchers bill. What were the consequences of that crash? Broken bones? Internal injuries? Citations?
Too many people will think he walked away like Wile Coyote after falling off a 10000 foot cliff.

Oh!.. ow ow ow!
I think I'll just lay here and collect myself.

You see him try to stand and go back down.
Not a good day at all.

a friend of mine lost control of his miata on a similar road, ran off into the ditch and went through a barbed wire fence similar to this, though the ditch wasn't so steep. thankfully he had the presence of mind to pull himself up against the steering wheel as he went off. because the top was down, the barbed wire rode up the windshield then snapped back down into the cabin. the barbed wire cut the top of his head and he bashed his face on the wheel but the barbed wire SHREDDED the headrests of the car. had he not ducked, he likely would have been decapitated. instead, he just needed a couple of stitches in his scalp, and the car just needed paint on the hood, fenders and windshield frame, and reupholster the seats.

i think this rider was lucky in that the bike is what broke down the barbed wire fence, and not their body.

one other thing i thought was odd about this group - the lead bikes looked to be harleys or similar. how often do you see sport bikes riding together with cruisers? almost never, in my experience.

Back