Mounting issue I haven't spotted in any thread

Ahem! @Dashmellow is it Groundhog day??!:p
I'm getting that deja-vu feeling...:D Great minds think alike!!

But seriously when is Groundhog day?o_O

Like the famous and beloved New York Yankees baseball player Yogi Berra said, "It's like déjà vu all over again."

Edit: BTW, Just so you know, I totally spaced out your previous post even though it was right in front of my nose. Sorry 'bout that!

Last edited:
Thank you guys, you're brilliant. Seriously! I've been looking carefully at those threads suggested and I've been given plenty of ideas on how to proceed. Yesterday I spent a few hours in the car trying to figure things out. Eventually I decided to have the camera down from its upper-left position and for the time being I'll be using a suction mount salvaged from my car navigator museum and just put it smack in the centre of the windscreen as high as the wipers goes, just to see how I like it. I'm not that found in those suckers, I think they're too obvious from the outside, feels almost like a neon sign flashing Hey, look here!

Right now I'm thinking in either do me a magnetic quick release mount, and if possible add the contacts for electrical supply into the magnets somehow. Has that been tried? I have some spare connectors from my electric guitar I could dissect and re-use. Another option is of course those extension cables to the mobius lens. Either way, just for fun I probably will order me one or two of those to play around with and see what comes out of it. Can they be connected to each other to make an even longer extension?

Thank you guys, you're brilliant. Seriously! I've been looking carefully at those threads suggested and I've been given plenty of ideas on how to proceed. Yesterday I spent a few hours in the car trying to figure things out. Eventually I decided to have the camera down from its upper-left position and for the time being I'll be using a suction mount salvaged from my car navigator museum and just put it smack in the centre of the windscreen as high as the wipers goes, just to see how I like it. I'm not that found in those suckers, I think they're too obvious from the outside, feels almost like a neon sign flashing Hey, look here!

Right now I'm thinking in either do me a magnetic quick release mount, and if possible add the contacts for electrical supply into the magnets somehow. Has that been tried? I have some spare connectors from my electric guitar I could dissect and re-use. Another option is of course those extension cables to the mobius lens. Either way, just for fun I probably will order me one or two of those to play around with and see what comes out of it. Can they be connected to each other to make an even longer extension?

The longet "extended" cmos cable, the more interference you have. Best to use original max. 20cm Mobius extension.

The longet "extended" cmos cable, the more interference you have. Best to use original max. 20cm Mobius extension.

Ok thanks, I'll probably stick to one extension then. 20cm is still a good extension to work with.

The Honda Civic(?) has this same issue, where the middle top doesn't get wiped. You could just mount it in the passenger section, where it does get wiped.
i noticed this right away when i installed my blackvue but honesty it hasnt seemed like an issue with rain. we had a ton of rain this weekend and i could still see license plates between the rain drops. id rather have some rain drops in the way then have it very visible.

i will just have to make sure to keep it clean.

Back