MPGIO Grandview arrived {PICS}

Milamber

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
A129 Pro Duo
Video very soon!

Well today the door bell rang and it was the postman with my MPGIO Grandview! So I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures of this new gem :)

The build quality is excellent, the camera is solid and you can tell that effort has gone into the design, the general feel of the item is fairly heavy with a nice look to the shell. I have never used this type of mount before - I will be using this camera as a rear view dashcam and will post videos later today.

back%20of%20box.jpg

box.jpg

top%20of%20camera.jpg

front%20of%20camera.jpg

back%20face.jpg

accessories.jpg

Here is the manual ( I can photocopy this at work to PDF if need be)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Menu system - I showed the screensaver option at the end as there was concern that the screen might not turn off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Milamber said:
I will be using this camera as a rear view dashcam and will post videos later today.

although I think this cam would be more suitable for rear cam duties I'd still like to see some front cam footage with it if you get a chance

jokiin said:
Milamber said:
I will be using this camera as a rear view dashcam and will post videos later today.

although I think this cam would be more suitable for rear cam duties I'd still like to see some front cam footage with it if you get a chance

Sure, I will do both :)

Great pics Milamber. Based on the menu video, this appears to be a Novatek based camera. Looking forward to the cam's videos. This MPGIO company seems to have some interesting cameras. This one is definitely unique and they have a 3 channel camera called The View as well.

From the video I have uploaded and posted, this is definitely not a front facing dashcam!

Milamber said:
From the video I have uploaded and posted, this is definitely not a front facing dashcam!

kind of suspected it might be iffy for front use, promising for rear maybe though

I don't think i can use this camera, the red and bluer lights could warrant me being pulled over...

Just rang the police and asked them... officer told me to cover the lights with a bit of tape to prevent any off chance of being pulled over.

2.jpg

33.jpg

Thanks for the review Mil! What's up with the color change down the middle of the screen? Hopefully mine will be here today, I am curious if they all have that color difference between the two cameras. Do you think there are not enough details for front view?

Chad said:
Thanks for the review Mil! What's up with the color change down the middle of the screen? Hopefully mine will be here today, I am curious if they all have that color difference between the two cameras. Do you think there are not enough details for front view?

No probs, what color change, on the video?

Pause your video at the 0:10 mark. Look at the street, left side is a different color than the right side. Not the biggest deal in the world lol. I got mine today and mine does the same exact thing.

Chad said:
Pause your video at the 0:10 mark. Look at the street, left side is a different color than the right side. Not the biggest deal in the world lol. I got mine today and mine does the same exact thing.

Ah yeah! Mmm interesting...

I will upload some footage from my drive today (rear view setup)

*You might want to apply some tape over the blue light too :)

I see in manual an option for 1280x720. Can you record make some recording test with this resolution?
Will be nice if you can make also a comparsions for both modes 1920x544 vs 1280x720, keepin the car in the same position to see the angle.
The chipset is Novatek 96632, maybe 2 years old. O am not sure if the AVI files created by this dashcam can be just cut in direct stream copy mode (without reencoding) using for example VirtualDub.

enjoy,
Mtz

Milamber said:
*You might want to apply some tape over the blue light too :)

Yeah definitely. I put mine in the back window of a pickup truck and from the front it looks like a police light. Good thinking about the tape lol.

MTZ: I see it in the manual, but I don't recall seeing it in the options menu??? Mine is at work so I can't look now.

Mil, are you experiencing anything similar? Left camera is clear, right camera is blurry. Also, really bad 'ghosting' where the two cameras meet in the middle. The pictures don't line up.

F9_zps05320b40.jpg

Video Sample:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashCamMan Dash Cam Discussion 3