My A139 front camera is a lot more darker then the rear

Qadar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Can anyone can give any advice on how to increase the brightness of the front camera? It's always much darker then the rear camera. Is this just for me or has anyone else noticed? I tried changing some settings myself but it didn't really make a difference. I do leave the filter cap on the front camera and i know it's reduces glare and is useful but it darkens the front camera soo greatly. Is there anything i can do about this (prefrably keeping the filter cap as well)?

Post some images from front and rear so that we know what you are talking about...

There should be no need to adjust anything, but it is hard to comment without being able to see.

It is 2 different sensors so there will naturally be a difference, but i cant say i have noticed it on my system.

IIRC some CPL's have protective film on both sides for shipping, is that a possibility here? I don't have this CPL yet so I don't know but maybe someone else does.

Phil

2021_0225_112549_F.JPG2021_0225_112548_R.JPG The left one is the front camera, the right image, from the rear.IMG-20210313-WA0000.jpg
I don't have a rear comparison for that image but it is absurdly dark. This image is taken from my phone that is connected to the dashcam, so it might just be a wifi issue from the dashcam or poor streaming.

I mean, i can take more images on monday but that's all i have in the moment.

This image is taken from my phone
I suspect that it is the way your phone is displaying the image, try on a computer or TV instead, then we will know if it is the phone or not.

What sort of phone is it?

You could also try resetting the camera to default settings in the camera setup menu, that way we know that there aren't any settings causing it.

I suspect that it is the way your phone is displaying the image, try on a computer or TV instead, then we will know if it is the phone or not.

What sort of phone is it?

You could also try resetting the camera to default settings in the camera setup menu, that way we know that there aren't any settings causing it.
The first two images were from my computer but anyhow I'll get more examples on Monday.

IIRC some CPL's have protective film on both sides for shipping, is that a possibility here? I don't have this CPL yet so I don't know but maybe someone else does.

Phil
No, I took off any protective film

The first two images were from my computer but anyhow I'll get more examples on Monday.
I'm not sure there is anything wrong with the first two images, it just had a huge contrast to record between the sunshine and shadow.

Check the CPL alignment, there should be a line that should line up with the line on the camera, then try pointing the camera downwards

Try and get footage from a open road so the lighting conditions are exactly the same for both front and rear camera.

Also do you have WDR on ?

But i see nothing wrong here, there will be differences between a IMX 335 front sensor and a IMX 291 rear sensor.
you could also angle the front camera down a bit more, it do look to be "not too low" aimed.
if you look at the sky in the rear picture you will see the sky overexposed is it use a setting to compensate for the shadow, the front camera on the other hand have a totally other exposure of the more sky and so the exposed towards that and not the shadows so it will be darker shadows.

In general what happen here is you are not comparing apples to apples so to say.

Try and get footage from a open road so the lighting conditions are exactly the same for both front and rear camera.

Also do you have WDR on ?

But i see nothing wrong here, there will be differences between a IMX 335 front sensor and a IMX 291 rear sensor.
you could also angle the front camera down a bit more, it do look to be "not too low" aimed.
if you look at the sky in the rear picture you will see the sky overexposed is it use a setting to compensate for the shadow, the front camera on the other hand have a totally other exposure of the more sky and so the exposed towards that and not the shadows so it will be darker shadows.

In general what happen here is you are not comparing apples to apples so to say.
Thank you. The WDR was off but you might be right about the angle. Either way, its not that big an issue and i can live with it. Thank all of you anyhow

Yeah. I think your system are good.

Back