My B40 is missing HUGE gaps in the recording! Help!

irocz0r

Reaction score
Country
United States
So last night, I drove from my house 40 minutes to a restaurant downtown, then to a bar downtown, then 40 minutes back home.

On the way to the bar, a crazy accident happened to two cars right in front of me! I was excited to have captured some interesting footage on dash cam.

Today I reviewed my recorded files, and I was shocked. Essentially ALL the footage of me driving on the freeway was non-existent.

There is footage of me leaving my garage and headed out of my neighborhood for five minutes (my files save in five minute increments).

Then there is a random five minute clip of me very close, but not quite to the restaurant. ALL 40-odd minutes of highway footage between my neighborhood and this area close to the restaurant are missing.

Then the next five minute clip is me parking at the restaurant. The footage between the previous clip and this clip (of me actually pulling into the restaurant parking lot) are missing.

Then it continues that trend, essentially. It's almost as if it only saves files of the first five minutes after the camera comes on, and the last five minutes before the camera turns off... except for a few random clips between.

Anyway, I'm pretty pissed off. What if I had been involved in an accident on the freeway? It would have missed it entirely!

Please, somebody tell me they know how to correct this problem...

Do you have motion detection turned on? If so turn it off.

Reason: Motion detection on will only record if the camera logic detects what it thinks is motion and can become confused under some driving conditions (like freeway driving).

How do I adjust the motion detection settings? I don't have my manual anymore and I couldn't figure it out by playing with the camera.

How do I adjust the motion detection settings? I don't have my manual anymore and I couldn't figure it out by playing with the camera.
It should be one of the menu options. Maybe you can 'google' to find a copy of the manual on-line somewhere.

another thing is to check the RO folder. maybe the g sensor is triggering all the time and locking too many files. personally i turn off the g sensor as well as motion detection in all my cameras except one... that one (cf-100) is higher quality and actually has proper motion detection for parking mode, and the g sensor isn't too touchy. another thing i like about it is that it beeps when the g sensor is triggered so you know the file just got locked.

So, the motion detection was OFF the whole time so that couldn't have been the problem :/

The G sensor was set to middle sensitivity, I have now turned it off. I have a sports car with a very rough bumpy ride, so maybe this has been effecting it?

What is the "RO folder" that was mentioned? Don't know what that is our where to find it.

Gibson99 and jokiin, you guys solved the mystery! All the missing footage was in the RO folder. Thank you so much! Now that I have the G Sensor feature turned off, hopefully it won't put anything in the RO folder anymore?

Here is the video of the accident in question (should be available soon):

Thanks again everyone!

hopefully it won't put anything in the RO folder anymore?

It will only place files in the RO folder now if you press the middle button to save something.

RO = Read Only

if you used Registrator Viewer to access the files it would pull the files from the RO folder as well

hey i know that area... used to go under those bridges daily on my commute between sugar land and downtown. now i'm in cypress but still go down to the pappas bbq on 59 & bellaire for club meetings once in a while.

glad it was a simple fix and that you didnt get caught up in that stupidity.

Had the same issue and it drove me nuts. In lieu of off, consider setting G sensitivity setting to a higher threshold. I hope you won't need it for yourself.

With a 32gig card you have almost 5 hours of recording time before it overwrites the oldest file. When I had my wreck I didn't remember to hit the triangle button to lock the file but it was still there when I got home. So having the g sensor on this camera isn't really necessary IMHO.

Gibson99 and jokiin, you guys solved the mystery! All the missing footage was in the RO folder. Thank you so much! Now that I have the G Sensor feature turned off, hopefully it won't put anything in the RO folder anymore?

Here is the video of the accident in question (should be available soon):

Thanks again everyone!

Houston drivers man. You're going to catch a lot more interesting stuff fairly often. I can't wait until mine arrives.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A118 (B40) 3