My dream dashcam

jsan

Reaction score
Country
Canada
With everything that is possible with dashcams today. I'd like to make a wishlist for the best dashcam that is possible to be released with today's technology.

You guys have heard of Vico-Vation's Markus 4 camera that has the A7 processor which enables you to record higher than HD resolutions and has a HDR feature that improves the night videos. Well that camera has nice guts but the body is not that good looking

The camera is too bulky and stands out too much.

Vico-Vation also makes another camera that has a really awesome form factor and design and its the WF1 camera. That camera has no screen and operates via your phone through wifi.

Now I prefer to have both a screen and wifi. Even a small screen. The screen can serve as any screen on a dashcam but smaller, to retain the small form factor. Also the wifi functionality will enable you to quickly download the video to your phone in case you need it. Instead of having to take the SD card out and have to looking for a computer.

The WF-1 combined with a small screen and the A7 image processor will make a really kickass camera.

Another thing that small screen could be used for is to display speed of the vehicle. I like having my speed displayed in front of my eyes like HUD. I currently do this with my DOD LS460W and I love it. Also my vehicle has bigger tires than it came with so there is a speed difference in my speedometer and the GPS speed on the dashcam is accurate.

quick mockup of WF1 with a small screen displaying speed. Red ring indicates overspeed or something

4NNttBX.jpg

Back