My first video tests with my GV688.

NachoRoto

Reaction score
Country
United States
My first ride with the GV688 in the mountains of Santa Cruz. The results are much better than I expected.

A nice ride. I'm not sure the vid quality is what I'd like but if you like it that's good enough. I'm from the 'classic' era where the first thing you did with a 'Gummikuh' was a LuftMeister suspension upgrade; are they better now? It looked like it was better dialed-in; compliant but stable. Ride safe (y)

Phil

I'm not sure the vid quality
It's not up to the standard we expect from our car dashcams and I would rather have a Gitup F1, but this is reasonably waterproof, does front and back, and does capture number plates surprisingly well due to being relatively narrow angle, which works fine for a narrow bike. As a cheap bike cam it does OK and there are not many other choices for a cheap waterproof dual camera.

A nice ride. I'm not sure the vid quality is what I'd like but if you like it that's good enough. I'm from the 'classic' era where the first thing you did with a 'Gummikuh' was a LuftMeister suspension upgrade; are they better now? It looked like it was better dialed-in; compliant but stable. Ride safe (y)

Phil
For the record it won’t be replacing my action cameras. But it’s better than I expected from it. And it’s always recording. So I will always have footage if needed. Better than completely missing something.

DV688 comes with a waterproof monitor, it is very popular around the Japan market for that cheap price!
But frankly speaking, its video quality is not so great when compared with other action cameras! Anyway, we will release a new motorcycle dash camera with better video quality very soon!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M DV688 15
S DV688 4
Back