My G1W-C review, covers locking files, corrupted files, modding, fake versions etc.

USDashCamera

Reaction score
Country
United States

My old review:

So I have used this camera for at least over a month now, finally got through its kinks and here is my review! I don't go through all of its technical specs like niko, but seeing is believing. hope this helps anyone.

Other videos I have done on the G1w:

Last edited:
FYI My year old g1w-c unit has never held the date settings overnight, but now won't hold some initialization settings: mic turns on, but I selected mic off. And I have to format the memory card in the camera every so often because of a memory error warning message on the screen.

Hi LAKKS, my brand new unit does hold date/time if I use it every day, skip it for couple of days and the time is correct but the date is of the last day I used it. Another issue is it won't allow me to change the date, the tool function starts with the last XX (XX/XX/XX) regardless of the format I use. In my case MMDDYY, the edit function starts at YY and never goes back to MM. I ended up going to default And reprogram the whole thing all over again. I contacted the seller and they may address it with the new FM, my version is 08/2014.

Hi LAKKS, my brand new unit does hold date/time if I use it every day, skip it for couple of days and the time is correct but the date is of the last day I used it. Another issue is it won't allow me to change the date, the tool function starts with the last XX (XX/XX/XX) regardless of the format I use. In my case MMDDYY, the edit function starts at YY and never goes back to MM. I ended up going to default And reprogram the whole thing all over again. I contacted the seller and they may address it with the new FM, my version is 08/2014.

Try to change the date format to YYYY/MM/DD. That helped me when the time reset after leaving the dashcam off for a couple of days.

Updated with all my videos on the G1W besides the original CPL mod which I replaced with the newer version.

damn cheap G1W is making me want to get another one to try more mods. :D

FYI I have to format the memory card every few months if the camera is not recording. Disturbing since I have the dashcam mounted in front of the rear view mirror, so I can't easily see if the unit is not recording. The camera came in handy a few months ago after an accident: I viewed the footage and realized that my car wasn't pushed as far forward as I guessed after it got rear ended.

Back