My MINI 0806 stopped working !

maxnotme

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi,
my Mini 86 has stopped working, after about 4 months of activity.
When I connect it to the power supply, the blue light turns on, but the camera stays off.
If I press the power-on button on the left, the green light (GPS/MIC indicator) goes on, but the camera does NOT turn on.
If I take off the power supply, the blue light goes off but the green light does not go off anymore; to turn off the green light, I must hold down the power button for 20 seconds.

Any hints ?

Thanks

Have you tried to power on without memory card ?

Try to drain battery completely. I had similar issue under extreme heat last summer when suddenly camera stopped working i could not start it back. Don't remember exact combination of the lights but something similar.

Try to drain battery completely.
Ok.
If I press the power-on button on the left, the green light goes on (and does not go off anymore; to turn it off, I must hold down the power button for 20 seconds)
I'll let the green light on indefinitely....

I had similar issue under extreme heat last summer when suddenly camera stopped working i could not start it back. Don't remember exact combination of the lights but something similar.
I'm not in those climate conditions...
Btw, how did you solve your issue in that case ?

I had exactly the same issue, maxnotme, and the unit had to be returned. Do you have your unit hardwired using a hardwire kit that didn't come in the camera packaging?

I had exactly the same issue, maxnotme, and the unit had to be returned. Do you have your unit hardwired using a hardwire kit that didn't come in the camera packaging?
Well, I've bought the dashcam and the hardwire kit from the same vendor...
And the same hardwire kit is sold as an accessory of the MINI 0806

Hi, You maybe interested in this story concerning 0806 and GEARBEST. When my second camera stopped working after 1 month and wouldn't record either the GPS or speed I sent it back to Gearbest. That was in November 2015.
After much correspondence I was told at first camera damaged too badly, then "we will repair it", then pay us another $50 we'll send you a new one. But, after 8 months Gearbest agreed to refund me the purchase price.

Lesson - Never again Gearbest and relatively expensive camera that has reliability issues.

As I know, it is better to choose their(meg tech) Hardwire kits, if use other hardwire kits, it will damage your camera, I talked with manufacture before about why some 0806 camera can not be powered on.

As I know, it is better to choose their(meg tech) Hardwire kits, if use other hardwire kits, it will damage your camera, I talked with manufacture before about why some 0806 camera can not be powered on.

the PCB design does not have good over voltage protection, the power supply is very important for this model, I'm sure you know the story behind this product also

Back