My Mini0806 Vs Loud Bass

paaco1981

Reaction score
Country
United States
The windshield mount is pretty solid, decent amount of flex happening and it's still up there. Hopefully I'm not slowly killing my cam or mount with bass ;p

Jeeez! Does that not hurt your ears having that much bass?! That's surely an upgraded sound system you've got there?

My hearing is buggered from spending too much time in nightclubs as a youngster, that must be nuts if the camera is moving like that!

It doesn't bother my ears, and I honestly don't listen to it that loud very often. It's a small system. A custom built 12 that was built from a TC9 motor on about 1500 RMS. The fronts are Image Dynamics components on 200 RMS per side. I just happened to look at the video when I got home today and noticed how much it was moving around. Thought it was neat.

I don't understand what is happening there, the point of rotation of the image is wrong for it to be vibrating on the mount, it's more like the image sensor is vibrating!

Its actually the windshield moving. The camera and mount seem solid as a rock.I was just amazed at how well it held up so far with all that going on. My old cam which was a GT680 actually had the front cover pop off after a couple months of this then finally quit working. It would come on but would no longer record.

It's a small system. A custom built 12 that was built from a TC9 motor on about 1500 RMS.
There is something wrong with that statement ... your small system has 375 times the power of my big system!

haha...well it seems small to me because it only involves a single 12" Sub. Back when I was younger and louder was better I had 15's on 4k RMS and all kinds of stupid stuff. To me it's small.

The engine braking in my car causes the camera to wobble like this (although not nearly as bad). You can DIY a foam block to hold it in place like someone else here has done. I think the problem here is the fact that the mini camera is mounted on the side rather than the center. My old GT300W did not have the problem and it was center mounted. I don't think this is something that can really be fixed without re-doing the entire concept of how the camera looks and rotates so I'm just dealing with it.

I know this problem hehehe

Unfortunately I cant watch your video
primary%3APictures%2FScreenshots%2FScreenshot_2015-03-16-22-38-08.png

Yeah when I made the video it told me it would be unavailable in Germany for some reason. Seems weird =(

Yeah when I made the video it told me it would be unavailable in Germany for some reason. Seems weird =(

It's blocked because the song is copyrighted.
Edit the video in youtube and replace the music with something that's suggested by youtube for free.
But then others can't hear what's playing.
Or upload raw file to dropbox or similar file hosting sites.

Back