My Mobius 2 / M2

Could it have been heat related? Corrupt files start showing up on a day and after the car was parked out in the sun with the M2 recording.

The time is wrong, was around 1PM, car had been baking for about 5 hours before the corrupt and abrupt/short files start appearing. Then a week later it stopped recording altogether.

Last edited:
Did a complete flash of last available firmware and formatted the card. Worked but was momentary.

Going to swap the power cable with one of other working cameras in the rear and see it that helps. If not reseating the ribbon cable will be next.

Was still getting corrupt files after swapping the power cable and reseating the ribbon cable. Culprit was the angled extension.

Working fine now. :)

Screenshot 2019-07-18 at 1.31.07 AM.png

I agree that extension cables on dash cams (and elsewhere) can be problematic. If you must use them, or encounter a problem like this one I highly recommend DeoxIT products. Here I would recommend the D-series, especially D5.
I've encountered vexing issues that DeoxIT has completely cured in the past such as cable connectors on outdoor CCTV systems. I use DeoxIT D5 on all my dash cam cable connections.

There is a reasonable chance that this product will fix your problem with the angled connection, @Harsh. Could be worth a try if you want to keep using it.

deoxit.jpg

EDIT: OK, I spaced out and forget to post this earlier but this is what DeoxIt D5 claims to do. (and does!)

dxitfeatures.jpg

Last edited:
F.W V. 2.14 - 1080p @ 30fps, WDR - Off, Metering - Multi-Spot, EP - Bright-light, Data Rate - Highest (VBR) -- 8.4 Mbit/s

why multi spot?

Back