My Mobius Dash Cam Buy List

thescreensavers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all

Just wanted to post my list for hard wiring a Mobius for any critiquing

1. Mobius From eletoponline365 68.99
2. Mobius Super Capacitor 7.95 (I'm in South Florida so Capacitor is key!)
3. Mobius Suction Cup 4.50 ( I will move to something more permanent, hidden in the near future)
4. EDO Tech USB Voltage Regulator 1.2Amp 13.25
5. Right Angle MiniB 2.99 this has the wire come to the right of the Mobius, You need a LEFT Angle Adapter to have the wire come to the left as the Mobius is mounted upside down in its included mount.
6. Amazon Basics 6ft USB MiniB Cable 5.49
7. Kingston 32gb MicroSD Class 10 15.99
8. Add a Fuse ( I have one already )

Total: 119.16

Last edited:
I believe you will find that a 6 foot USB cable may be too short. It is better to have one a little longer than needed rather than too short. ;)
I am using both a 10 foot shielded 5pin USB to mini-B 28/28AWG cable from Monoprice ($1.31 plus shipping) and a 15 foot shielded 5pin USB to mini-B 28/28AWG cable (rear Mobius) - $1.83 plus shipping) and am very pleased with their quality and performance. They also sell gold plated 28/24AWG versions of these cables with ferrite cores at good prices. Even with the shipping they are a good buy.

If you want to save some money (more than 20%) on the camera and can wait a little while for delivery, any of the other vendors on this DCT list are worthy of purchasing from. I've bought two Mobius cams from eletoponline365 and other Mobius related items and always have had a good experience.

Also, I've never had the slightest problem using 32GB class 10 cards in any of the 3 Mobius cameras I've owned. (Of course some people have.) You can buy a class 10 version of the Transcend card on Amazon for $17.98. The Kingston 32 GB microSD Class 10 card is available from Amazon for $15.99.

Last edited:
Thanks Dashmellow,

I have updated the OP, thanks for the savings!

I actually measured from my Rear view and how I was going to route it, came to 67 inches, 6 feet = 72 inches and plus the voltage regulator has 5 feet so I should be covered :) I have a lot of other devices hardwired (Gauges, Radar Detector...etc) so I cannot handle extra cable any more lol

Sub'd, as I just might have to use this same setup for a rear camera! Please let us know how it works out when installed!

Sub'd, as I just might have to use this same setup for a rear camera! Please let us know how it works out when installed!

The Mobius makes for an excellent rear dash cam. Either the A or B lens works well depending on your preference. Don't hesitate to consider going with this option.

Purchased! Camera says Estimate Delivery Wednesday, June 11- Thursday, July 17 :P so it will be some time before I update this post but Ill be doing a little DIY so stay tuned!

Received my Mobius and all the parts, I made a small mistake I should of actually bought a 90 degree left angle mini b adapter as the Mobius is mounded upside down in its mount (Heat sinks facing down). Yes I could just flip the camera around and use it that way but then the heat sinks will be insulated by the bracket.

I have updated the OP with the info.

More to come

What about 64 GB microSD card one for Mobius ? What kind will match it ?

Thanks for the reply russ331

maccardiolog: I honestly have no interest in the 64gb cards for the dashcam, the 32gb card holds plenty of video so I do not see a need to go to 64gb.

Getting pretty busy in the near future so I decided to just install the camera this weekend which means no DIY

I hooked up my camera to turn ignition which during the engine starting does not loose power. The USB Power adapter I got did not exactly work out of the box, I Had to put a piece of tape over the center two pins to get the camera to work in recording mode.

Otherwise the rest of the install went smoothly.

I have purchased a rear view mirror mount

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131183351589
Lets see how that goes.

Getting pretty busy in the near future so I decided to just install the camera this weekend which means no DIY

I hooked up my camera to turn ignition which during the engine starting does not loose power. The USB Power adapter I got did not exactly work out of the box, I Had to put a piece of tape over the center two pins to get the camera to work in recording mode.

Otherwise the rest of the install went smoothly.

I have purchased a rear view mirror mount

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131183351589
Lets see how that goes.

For the USB Power adapter that didn't work out of the box, are you referring to the EDO Tech USB Voltage Regulator 1.2Amp? Any luck with that mirror mount? What kind of vehicle is it going in?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes that EDO Tech I had to put a piece of tape on the center two pins which is not a big deal. Its also been working perfectly since install.

Its going into a 2013 Subaru WRX, the Mirror mount worked great

Sorry for the late reply. Yes that EDO Tech I had to put a piece of tape on the center two pins which is not a big deal. Its also been working perfectly since install.

Its going into a 2013 Subaru WRX, the Mirror mount worked great

Thanks for the reply! I went ahead and went with the EDO Tech (tape the middle pins) and Mirror Mount and everything has been working flawlessly for over a month now.

Back