My Suction Cup is not working either any help?

Falgun

Reaction score
Country
United States
I Have 3 Panoram G, 2 of them with the issue stated below.

I have all 3 installed. Just recently I have took a trip to Palm Springs, and while car was parked overnight, the suction cup failed. I thought no biggie it was cold outside maybe seal came loose cause of it, so I just reattach it.

After attaching it back up, it dropped while driving back to Phoenix maybe half an hour later. I didn't put it back up as I was driving haha. Anyways once home, I reattached it and it seemed to stay up. Today on way out to work, I get in the car and my precious cam is dangling from the top as the suction failed again and it was being held by the power cable.

The Panorama G in my wife's car fell few time in the past 2 weeks but hasn't been failing as much as one i have. The camera in my care however seems to not be able to stay on anymore. I am guessing it is some problem with the suction cup not sure what. Any help would be appreciated. I don't want all 3 of them to start falling and dinging my dash and by chance once of the cameras breaking cause of a bad suction cup.

By the way the mount i am using is the small low profile one as that one sits perfectly behind my rear-view mirror. i though maybe this one suction unit is bad, but it has happened in my wife's car a few time and I recall somewhere on this forum someone else having same issue.

Since i have had the camera i love it, has worked like a dream for what i need it for at work. now i just need to solve this problem anyone can help would appreciate it thanks in advance.

Which one are you using the longer ball socket or shorter swivel one? (Edit re-read you're using shirt swivel one) I'm happy to send you new ones if needed. Is the window totally smooth with no pits/divots/tint? Did you clean the windows and add water to suction?

Last edited:
On my wife's car I have had it attached on the dotted parts behind the rearview mirror. Her seems to be fine but about once a week it fails. Mine is attached on the smooth part of the windshield. I am using the small one with the swivel. No ball socket. I am going to attach the other mount for now. But i like the smaller swivel one as it takes up less room. Are the replacement any different as i don't want it to have same problem down the road. I thought maybe i just got a defective one but the same thing is happening on my wife's car but a lot less frequently. Either way whatever can be done I would be beyond grateful.

Maybe another solution would be just to get a 3M type of glue on the suction portion which would help keep it sticky on the windshield. I know some phone mounts are like that. Thank you in advance for your help.

I will try the 3M mount out should work a lot better for my situation. Thank you again for very PROMPT response, and always being professional. Your customer service skills are A+++. I appreciate all the help.

Back