My T130 stops recording out of nowhere...then restarts.

DJFroggy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've had a T130 triple channel for a little over a month now and in the last week or so the camera will stop recording out of nowhere and then restart a few seconds later. I'm on the newest firmware. I have a new 256gb SanDisk High Endurance SD card in it. It's not overheating as their's always a fan blowing on it. I'm not sure as to what it could be. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
First of all i would try the system for a while, without the rear camera connected.
If the system are still erratic with just the 2 other channels i would run a few tests on the memory card, using H2testw and maybe run a full format using SD formatter 5.0
With a 256 Gb card that will take a while even if you have a fast card reader on a fast port on the computer.

First of all i would try the system for a while, without the rear camera connected.
If the system are still erratic with just the 2 other channels i would run a few tests on the memory card, using H2testw and maybe run a full format using SD formatter 5.0
With a 256 Gb card that will take a while even if you have a fast card reader on a fast port on the computer.
Thank you! I'm scanning the card in the next several minutes. If need be, I'll get some more. Hopefully it solves the problem.

No sweat buddy, hope we can figure this one out, due to the corona stuff in China,,,,, still, Viofo are a bit slow on here lately.
I tested this model too and i never had any problems like yours.

Aint no corona stuff here in Denmark, we have been free,,,, good lord we are free at last, for over a month now.

No sweat buddy, hope we can figure this one out, due to the corona stuff in China,,,,, still, Viofo are a bit slow on here lately.
I tested this model too and i never had any problems like yours.

Aint no corona stuff here in Denmark, we have been free,,,, good lord we are free at last, for over a month now.

Congratulations man good for you!!! So it turns out that the SD card although it was new had errors on it. Amazon doesn't screw around and they're sending me a new one and they don't even want the other one back. Bonus! I've been running it with a 64gb card and zero recording errors. God I can't wait for the new one. 3 channels on a 64gb card is a joke.

...the SD card although it was new had errors on it...
You're not the first to experience that. It's rare but it does happen - that's why I always check new cards before putting them in use.

hehe yeah, in today's world, no man, no matter the camera, should not go under 128GB

I had a trancend ultimate, and a PNY ( both U3 cards and at the time the most expensive cards i ever gotten ) well the both failed before i got to fill the 64Gb cards just 1 time.
Fortunately RMA via Amazon was a pleasure and i almost had new cards before i shipped out the old one on their expense.

Those cards back then, each cost the same price as a cheap 512 GB card today.
I still have the trancend ultimate, i often use it in my dji osmo action camera. The PNY did die again, but not after it had seen a reasonable amount of use.

Some cameras can handle 1TB cards, but i am not aware Viofo have tested with that big cards.
I would like to, but i am on a pension, and even if it is a Danish pension it would be a substantial bite on my finances,,, and i have other hobbies too, and as you might know, with age a mans toys only get more expensive.

Hey guys,

I've had a T130 triple channel for a little over a month now and in the last week or so the camera will stop recording out of nowhere and then restart a few seconds later. I'm on the newest firmware. I have a new 256gb SanDisk High Endurance SD card in it. It's not overheating as their's always a fan blowing on it. I'm not sure as to what it could be. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
If "all notifications" are enabled in the camera settings, then in case of problems with the card, the DVR will first beep, then reboot.
If there is a problem with the power of the DVR, it will reboot without warning.

Some cameras can handle 1TB cards, but i am not aware Viofo have tested with that big cards.
I would like to, but i am on a pension, and even if it is a Danish pension it would be a substantial bite on my finances,,, and i have other hobbies too, and as you might know, with age a mans toys only get more expensive.
1TB SD Card or nothing protest!

I know, I'm saying it would be nice if they did.
It may not be technically possible.
T130 has a processor: Novatek 96670. Just like A119V3 and A129 Plus,
on which it was not possible to launch a card with a capacity above 256GB.

If "all notifications" are enabled in the camera settings, then in case of problems with the card, the DVR will first beep, then reboot.
If there is a problem with the power of the DVR, it will reboot without warning.

IMO this should not be in the realm of the user to mess with ( error warnings / notifications )
The camera should beep on errors no matter what you have of preferences of other notifications.

Also IMO with larger memory sizes, i really would like something else than SD cards, a USB thumb drive / USB SSD drive or internal NVME drive or SSD would be nice.
BUT ! in that case, you pretty much also have to move to a system with remote cameras and a central main box,,,,,,, which i also personally think is the best way to design dashcams as it allow for a larger main unit with room for better cooling for high bitrate / many cameras / parking guard heat dissipation, and you can put that main box out of the sun / out of sight on people with long fingers ( thieves )

IMO this should not be in the realm of the user to mess with ( error warnings / notifications )
The camera should beep on errors no matter what you have of preferences of other notifications.

Also IMO with larger memory sizes, i really would like something else than SD cards, a USB thumb drive / USB SSD drive or internal NVME drive or SSD would be nice.
BUT ! in that case, you pretty much also have to move to a system with remote cameras and a central main box,,,,,,, which i also personally think is the best way to design dashcams as it allow for a larger main unit with room for better cooling for high bitrate / many cameras / parking guard heat dissipation, and you can put that main box out of the sun / out of sight on people with long fingers ( thieves )
All wishes to the manufacturer.

Ok so it started doing it again!. I've been thru 4 sd cards in 2 months. This one has no errors on it either. I suspect something is wrong with my device.

Back