My T130 stops recording out of nowhere...then restarts.

I've tried 2 other brands and the same thing happens, that's why I suspect that it's the camera itself. Not smaller. All 256gb.
I have 2 64GB cards from Viofo and from Goodram and from Goodram at 128GB work without problems. I change them periodically.

I have 2 64GB cards from Viofo and from Goodram and from Goodram at 128GB work without problems. I change them periodically.
I have 3 Samsung High Endurance 256gb card and 2 SanDisk Extreme 256gb cards. I just tried one of my SanDisk 128gb cards and it does the same thing. I'm going to file a warranty claim I guess or should I go thru Amazon where I bought it?

I have 3 Samsung High Endurance 256gb card and 2 SanDisk Extreme 256gb cards. I just tried one of my SanDisk 128gb cards and it does the same thing. I'm going to file a warranty claim I guess or should I go thru Amazon where I bought it?
If you are 100% sure of your memory cards, then contact the seller on Amazon.
If there are any problems - write here: https://support.viofo.com/support/tickets/new

I experienced similar issues with my T130 however mine were tracked down to powering where I had an intermittent connection in my power socket.

As best I can tell the socket condition was present before I used it for the T-130, but the other cams which had used it weren't as sensitive to temporary power drops as the T-130 which does have a higher power requirement. On repairing the socket my problem went away, and I'm still using that socket for4 other cams successfully.

I'd recommend you very carefully inspect your powering scheme, giving all the fuses, wires, and connections a wiggle while the camera is running to see if this might also be your issue.

Phil

I experienced similar issues with my T130 however mine were tracked down to powering where I had an intermittent connection in my power socket.

As best I can tell the socket condition was present before I used it for the T-130, but the other cams which had used it weren't as sensitive to temporary power drops as the T-130 which does have a higher power requirement. On repairing the socket my problem went away, and I'm still using that socket for4 other cams successfully.

I'd recommend you very carefully inspect your powering scheme, giving all the fuses, wires, and connections a wiggle while the camera is running to see if this might also be your issue.

Phil
I have it hardwired with an HK4 and everything was done by me. I'm an experienced installer. The first thing I looked at was the wiring and I confirmed that the wiring is solid which leads me to believe if it's not the SD cards or the wiring then it must be the device itself.

Ok so it started doing it again!. I've been thru 4 sd cards in 2 months. This one has no errors on it either. I suspect something is wrong with my device.

I have it hardwired with an HK4 and everything was done by me. I'm an experienced installer. The first thing I looked at was the wiring and I confirmed that the wiring is solid which leads me to believe if it's not the SD cards or the wiring then it must be the device itself.

Have a look at this post and some that follow it.

Personally, I would be inclined to return it.

Have a look at this post and some that follow it.

Personally, I would be inclined to return it.
I'm past the return window and Amazon won't budge. I wanted to exchange it for an A139 triple channel.

I'm past the return window and Amazon won't budge. I wanted to exchange it for an A139 triple channel.

Sorry you missed the Amazon return-window. - - Have you contacted Viofo Customer Support? Obviously your dashcam is still under warranty. What have they offered to fix your problem?

Try the old school provided power source, for a day / drive, this do sound like power or memory card related issues.

I once had a camera that turned weird on me, i can not recall what it did though, but i flashed it again with the same hardware as was already on the camera, and that fixed it and it worked normal for well over a year after that, and countless new firmware updates.

Ok so I guess the 128gb cards that I had were bad as well because I tried a friend's SanDisk Extreme 128gb sd card and it's been solid for a few days. It wouldn't make it more than 6 or 7 minutes without the recording stopping and restarting itself. Now it's lasted hours so I think the camera is actually good. Never had so many bad sd cards in my life. Just goes to show cheaply they're all made now.

Have you tested the cards with h2testw ?

That will determine whether the card capacity matches the cards header information. You'd be surprised how many fakes there are out there.

Have you tested the cards with h2testw ?

That will determine whether the card capacity matches the cards header information. You'd be surprised how many fakes there are out there.
I didn't wanna waste time. I got a new SanDisk Extreme 128gb card and it's been working fine ever since. I'll just use the other cards in other cameras and everything will be fine.

The Sandisk Max Endurance card is also a good option.

First of all i would try the system for a while, without the rear camera connected.
If the system are still erratic with just the 2 other channels i would run a few tests on the memory card, using H2testw and maybe run a full format using SD formatter 5.0
With a 256 Gb card that will take a while even if you have a fast card reader on a fast port on the computer.

If "all notifications" are enabled in the camera settings, then in case of problems with the card, the DVR will first beep, then reboot.
If there is a problem with the power of the DVR, it will reboot without warning.

My T130 currently has this problem and I am unable to resolve it.
I've tried everything described in this thread but cannot determine where the problem lies.

T130 has been tested using original cigar plug and using BBMC battery packs
I have tested the camera using two different 256gb SanDisk Max Endurance cards which were both formatted with SD formatter tool and scanned with H2testw
No errors came back on the cards.

When driving, the REC light will start blinking and you will hear an audible beep a few times and then it will restart.

Other than the sd card and power issues, what could be another factor?

I am running the latest firmware.

I've tried everything described in this thread but cannot determine where the problem lies.

I have tested the camera using two different 256gb SanDisk Max Endurance cards which were both formatted with SD formatter tool and scanned with H2testw

When driving, the REC light will start blinking and you will hear an audible beep a few times and then it will restart.

You said you have tried 2 different cards.
You could try another brand but the cards you are using i believe is approved.

You may already know this but, I've found sometimes you can resolve this problem by doing a hard reset.
To do that you need to push the little hole it has.

A SanDisk 128gb worked for a few weeks but started starting and stopping by itself again. So I spent the most I ever spent on an SD card and got a Samsung Pro Endurance 256gb for $51 on Amazon. I just saw them on there for around $40 now.

Back