myGEKOgear Orbit 950 Review!

@HonestReview
- your suspicion of "speaking out of inexperience" is highly accurate:)
- honestly, the issue I have with the Orbit950 itself is only the fact I can't connect it to my PC
after some more reading and the posts I put in here, I see that it is just the way it is and
getting an external sdcard reader is what almost everyone does - I will to. I am
more disappointed in the actual support of MyGecko than anything else, 2 weeks and still waiting for a reply
or a tracking umber or something...

@SawMaster

interesting
I never would have though to just get a single camera dash cam and point it to the Passenger window
I guess power isn't an issue especially if I don't hard wire it

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I'll do more research!

@HonestReview
- your suspicion of "speaking out of inexperience" is highly accurate:)
- honestly, the issue I have with the Orbit950 itself is only the fact I can't connect it to my PC
after some more reading and the posts I put in here, I see that it is just the way it is and
getting an external sdcard reader is what almost everyone does - I will to. I am
more disappointed in the actual support of MyGecko than anything else, 2 weeks and still waiting for a reply
or a tracking umber or something...

@SawMaster

interesting
I never would have though to just get a single camera dash cam and point it to the Passenger window
I guess power isn't an issue especially if I don't hard wire it

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

I'll do more research!

I will forever run a 2 channel o 3 channel setup. Will probably be migrating to the Viofo 3 Channel A139 when I am motivated to do an installation. Cold at the moment and freezing my ass off to do an installation isn't really idea of fun.

Far as why you should select 2 channel or 3 channel, the reasons are numerous:

1. A 2 channel faces frontward and rearward. Meaning out the front windshield and rear windshield. Great for recording accidents in both directions.

I've had my car rear ended and backed into (out front windshield). Video made insurance claims all the easier. I also had my other vehicle broken into. Parking mode (hardwire to the fuse box) is fantastic option. I have both my Viofo A129's hardwired to fusebox. Caught the sh*theads breaking into my car on video. Didn't even bother to steal camera. Bunch of stupid kids.

3 Channel adds an interior camera. At the moment I have a beta camera I received but it's a piece of junk (Zenfox T3). Works well enough to record while driving, but problems with camera is numerous. Why I am plan to swap out with a Viofo A139 3 Channel to get a reliable front, rear, and interior facing camera setup.

2. Using SD card reader and ejecting car is best option.

3. MyGekoGear support isn't fast responding. Their product has been reliable with albeit the shortcomings I've mentioned. Lithium Battery and Parking Kit not working until a firmware update is released.

Quality wise, it's pretty good in my eyes. No complaints on the 950 or 960.

Thank you honest review.
The cam was a gift and it would be bad if I went ahead and purchased the A139 3 channel now, even if that's what I want to do. I don't want to hurt my son/wife's feelings. My son told me he bought it at her request and the gift was from her and him.

But I will revisit this in 3-6 months.

Thanks a bunch for the information. In the meantime more research.

Thank you honest review.
The cam was a gift and it would be bad if I went ahead and purchased the A139 3 channel now, even if that's what I want to do. I don't want to hurt my son/wife's feelings. My son told me he bought it at her request and the gift was from her and him.

But I will revisit this in 3-6 months.

Thanks a bunch for the information. In the meantime more research.

I run two cameras in my car for redundancy sake. No harm in having a 3 channel system run alongside your son's / his wife's gift. Although the Zenfox T3 which records interior is a piece of junk, its being used until I get another 3 channel camera to replace it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sunny myGEKOgear 13
Back