n00b needs help. LOL

nomen nescio

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
mini 0806
Thread title says it all. I have been thinking of installing a dash cam for over three years now. On november 25th, I bought a Blackvue DR3500, which turned out to be a "wrong-buy". Luckily the online shop gave back my money, which means that I'm again dashcamless. :rolleyes:

There are so many choices, so many models and so many specs to consider that I can't see the wood for the trees anymore. Basically, I'm stuck.

Can I ask the forum members for help please?

What I'm looking for and find important.

* Stealth, discreet size. I live in Belgium and it is very possible that someone break into my car to steal the dash cam.

* Very reliable

* High FPS. Yesterday I read on this forum that fps are important to reduce motion blur

* Resolution: true 1080p is enough. I don't need more than Full HD

* Very easy to remove and reintall in my car >> mount and cable connection. Reason, see first point I mentioned.

* Wifi, GPS, motion detection, parking mode (see first and previous point why I don't need parking mode) are not necessary. I don't want to pay for features I'm not using.

* Immaculate video quality. Day and night. Isn't that the purpose of a dash cam, to have video proof in case of an incident?

* Good protection against high and low temperatures

* Sound quality is not that important but I don't want awful sound recodings.

* I don't need an LCD screen but if there is a model that meets all my criterium and it has an LCD screen than so be it.

:rolleyes:

Dash cams I like (some are not really dash cams but can be used as dash cams)

* Finevu
* LUKAS
* Panorama X1
* Innovv C3
* IBT (Itronics)
* Street Guard
* Mobius

Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:
You just described the Mobius except 60fps. Of your list, the 0806 looks good, as well as the X1 yet it may be a while before we know and they are perfected. The C3 fits a purpose with the remote lens, especially for a motorcycle, yet the Mobius has been consistently better both in build quality and reliability.

I've encountered a similar situation as you, living in another country. Smash and grabs were common and stealth, for a few reasons, was a must. People have looked at my Mobius installed and didn't even know what it was, so I never worried leaving it.

Another thing. There has to be a European dealer. The 0806, mobius, innovv C3 do. So I narrowed my list down to these three cameras.

Last edited:
I tried to use the AEE action camera today as a dash cam. I was surprised that the recodings in the dark are very bad.

But the much cheaper Mobius is also an action camera and this camera has much better video quality overall.

All in all, the AEE doesn't seem to be a good dash cam.

Narrowd my list down to:

* Mobius

* Panorama X1

* Street Guardian

* mini 0806

Maybe I'll get them all because I need at least 4 dash cams. (2 cars). :D

Most action sports are done during the day

There will be a new disepline in X-games 1015, drunk bicycling thru NYC rush hour traffic :D

How discrete is the mini 0805/0806 compared to mobius?

Back