Nakamichi (!) NV-75 - Novatek 96650, Aptina CMOS 1/3" 3MP discussion, if any :-)

FourEyes

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
Mio518,TV-Q5GPS,DEXP_EV-710,Pilot21DVR,GS2000,3xG1W,K6000
This is a discussion thread for this announcement - Nakamichi (!) NV-75 - Novatek 96650, Aptina CMOS 1/3" 3MP

N4YZx92.png

AZuzbhs.jpg

2fjzjtc.jpg

5rbDZWK.jpg

6xcZXLp.jpg

2E7cPEv.jpg

• 2.0" display;
  • Novatek 96650 processor;
  • Aptina CMOS 1/3" 3MP;
  • Full HD 1080p @ 30fps, HD ready 720p @ 30fps;
  • 6-element glass lens (F/2.0, f=3.2);
  • 170° FOV;
  • HDR (High Dynamic Range) for night recording;
  • Image stabilization;
  • Adjustable EV and White Balance;
  • External GPS receiver in the charger (!) (speed, position, Google Maps route);
  • Date and time sync with GPS satellites;
  • License plate stamp on video;
  • G-sensor + manual emergency file protection;
  • Quick release bracket;
  • Configurable startup and shutdown delays;
  • Motion detection;
  • Still image camera mode: 3М;
  • HDMI output for viewing on TV;
  • MicroSD card support up to 64Gb;
  • Car charger with an extra USB socket for charging other gadgets (1Amp);
  • Proprietary storage enclosure.
Source (Russian) http://new.nakamichi.ru/catalog/videoregistratory/nv-75.html Doesn't seem to be sold anywhere else for some reason. Price is about USD 190.

Looks quite generic to be honest; must be one of these regional small orders from some Chinese ODM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Nakamichi.
Not dashcam but their home audio products.
I have at least half a dozen Nakamichi items, CD player, couple of SR and TA series receivers, 6-disc CD changer and few others.
Great quality sound.
If their dashcam also is upto the same quality standard, it'll be great.

Their cassette decks were legendary, the Dragon series. To see a dash cam with their brand name on it came quite as a shock to me.

Their cassette decks were legendary, the Dragon series. To see a dash cam with their brand name on it came quite as a shock to me.
Yes, one of my buddies has two dragons and a Z9 or something that's higher model than the dragon.

BTW, what's up with these new companies coming up with dashcams based on the same old NT96650.
Why in the hell anyone would think there is a good market when there are already thousands of different brands with same hardware. :confused:

Bring something new...

BTW, what's up with these new companies coming up with dashcams based on the same old NT96650.
I was curious about this as well.
Then there is that crazy G90 looking bracket that I hate.

I'm guessing maybe it's someone who has licensed the Nakamichi name maybe? Seems to have a few nice touches in there though like the GPS on the power cable - the YT videos look like it's similar to say the old DOD LS430 etc.

I was curious about this as well.
Then there is that crazy G90 looking bracket that I hate.
I think Samoon also produce a few with that sort of bracket as well?

Nakamichi is strong brand name.
Shell reminds me Mio dashcams style in some parts.

I'm guessing maybe it's someone who has licensed the Nakamichi name maybe?

There seems to be more and more of this sort of brand licensing going on these days but I wonder if it dilutes or even damages these highly respected brands when medium and sometimes even lower quality products are marketed with their logo on it. I wonder what the corporate motivation may really be? Surely there just can't be that much money in licensing fees coming to a renowned company like Nakamichi from an apparently average quality dashboard camera in a market as crowded as this.

My 2 cents:
Hangs too low, doesn't make sense to integrate the GPS into the power supply, FOV too wide, Aptina will most likely mean below acceptable night performance.
HDMI out is nice, but doubt many people will use it.

My 2 cents:
Hangs too low, doesn't make sense to integrate the GPS into the power supply, FOV too wide, Aptina will most likely mean below acceptable night performance.
HDMI out is nice, but doubt many people will use it.

But it's a Nakamichi! :p

I'm guessing maybe it's someone who has licensed the Nakamichi name maybe?.

go to the top of the class :)

Nakamichi is no longer the Nakamichi most would remember from high end audio products, it's all just licensed product now, pay the fees and put the name on whatever you want, including the audio product

, it's all just licensed product now, pay the fees and put the name on whatever you want, including the audio product

It seems all the medium/big old school company names are just re-branding average China dashcam products. Hewlett Packard, Kodak, Nakamichi, Cobra, etc

"Their cassette decks were legendary" thats what i was thinking right avay.

BUT my Akai RX-R99 allso did alright for itself, and it sure as hell wasent cheap back then in the mid 80ties :D
Many TDK all metal 90 minute tapes when tru my mashine, and it was still 100% working when i "buried" it with full viking honors 4 years ago.
stereo_cassette_deck_gx_r99_1239130.jpg

They went under years ago according to Wikipedia (4 Decline of Nakamichi), and the guy behind Nakamichi set up another company called MRC - it seems like most of the big hitters from the last century either merged or went under and are now shell companies.

Back