Need a live High Definition rear camera with live HDMI out

Could you tell me if it is possible to convert the TVI of AHD signals to HDMI and view them on a monitor?
don't know, we do reverse cameras but we do specific types for each application depending on the type of monitor it will be used with, TVI is new but we've been doing the AHD ones for a while already, we sell them for the truck and RV market, it's not so much a consumer market product

don't know, we do reverse cameras but we do specific types for each application depending on the type of monitor it will be used with, TVI is new but we've been doing the AHD ones for a while already, we sell them for the truck and RV market, it's not so much a consumer market product

Gotcha.

Could you tell me specs on your model? Would it be possible for me to get my hands on one? Pretty please? I would be happy to write up an extremely detailed review to many Car Audio sites which I am a member of

The mirror style cameras, or at least the wide ones of then also have the drawback that they do not display all of the height of the footage, it is of course recorded but just not displayed as the LCD of course have to be narrow.

Also, the application is an Isuzu Vehicross, my owners group would absolutely love them as I have already posted there and we desperately ahve been looking for a solution. VXs are popular in the Australian market, have several members over there!!

Here is a picture of the two of mine
Very capable off road vehicles with a cult following

Attachments

• PXL_20201109_223353950.jpg
    PXL_20201109_223353950.jpg
    673.8 KB · Views: 9
No worries! :)

Anyway....Could you tell me specs on your model? Would it be possible for me to get my hands on one?

this is TVI specifically to suit the Kenwood, wouldn't be any use to you, they're nowhere near ready though anyway, this is just an early prototype I have in my car for testing, was just showing as an example of what's possible and that HDMI is not relevant to how it performs, the image sensor we use in this one is the same as used in some 1080p dashcams which can give some pretty decent results, the lens and sensor is more relevant to how it will perform rather than which format is used to send the signal, if you're stuck with using an HDMI input then maybe see if there are any converters available to change from AHD to HDMI (no idea if such thing exists), there are plenty of 720p and 1080p cameras available if using an AHD camera can be an option

Here is what I found for a converter, and I am waiting on a response from a CCTV company on if it will work for my application, but it looks like it should with the proper adapters (BNC to RCA):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07WZRJJX7

I am super happy that I started this discussion, hopefully will be of use to others like me and also definitely got me set in the right direction. As your unit looks superior quality to the Kenwood, I will most likely wait for it. Any idea for release date?

Here is what I found for a converter, and I am waiting on a response from a CCTV company on if it will work for my application, but it looks like it should with the proper adapters (BNC to RCA):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B07WZRJJX7
issues if any are likely to do with suitable power source and how well it handles interference, products not built for the automotive environment are often not very well shielded and EMI from other in vehicle electronics can introduce some noise into the video, that can be a bit trial and error though

Any idea for release date?
not yet sorry, not close enough to be able to say when it might be available, you might be able to find something else suitable though once you get the format conversion sorted

Gotcha. Thanks again for all of your help. What is the name of your company so I can be on the lookout for the product once it is released?

Regarding the converter, it is powered by USB so no AC/DC issues there, and interference could be solved with shielding if necessary. I may spring for the Kenwood unit, write up a how-to and test for other people to see the possibilities, and then once your product is released switched to that to be able to compare and show others the difference. Hell, I may even package and market them together on Amazon so that others can have an all-in-one solution when looking for the same!

Welcome to 2023 and the fact that we still don't have an HDMI backup camera. HDMI cables are cheap, the sensors must be less expensive now but the will of the people is fickle! Of course they exist in Teslas, VW ID4 etc and other brands. A custom solution with a raspberry PI looks like the only option.

Back