Need first cam for parking recording

tsm28

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I just spent $500 replacing my driver side mirror that got hit not once but twice in three days. My wife has to park on some narrow streets when she takes our son into school and some jerk driving a flatbed truck tore off our side mirror (another parent saw it happen but didn't get the plate number).

Is the Livue LB100 still the best choice for an affordable parking mode cam? I just want something that will record for up to 2 hours while parked and then shut down. I don't want my wife to have to worry about anything 'manual' to avoid draining the battery.

Thanks!

A $10 ebay delay timer can be wired to any camera and made automatic if used in conjunction with a hardwired circuit and a $3 relay.

So I just spent $500 replacing my driver side mirror that got hit not once but twice in three days. My wife has to park on some narrow streets when she takes our son into school and some jerk driving a flatbed truck tore off our side mirror (another parent saw it happen but didn't get the plate number).

Is the Livue LB100 still the best choice for an affordable parking mode cam? I just want something that will record for up to 2 hours while parked and then shut down. I don't want my wife to have to worry about anything 'manual' to avoid draining the battery.

Thanks!

What is your budget ? Is it close to older LB100 price or higher ?

What is your budget ? Is it close to older LB100 price or higher ?

I'd like to keep under $150 USD since this is the only reason I need the cam for.

I'd like to keep under $150 USD since this is the only reason I need the cam for.
Seems like the budget could go as high as $500 since that's the amount you would recover if it happened again.

Blacksys CF-100 would fit your needs and bill.

Blacksys CF-100 would fit your needs and bill.

Had a quick look at the manual but didn't see any mention of prebuffering. I think I'd like a wider lens since we usually have to park right behind other cars.

Will a forward or rear pointing cam going to pick this type of damage up - maybe side mounting is needed.

Had a quick look at the manual but didn't see any mention of prebuffering. I think I'd like a wider lens since we usually have to park right behind other cars.

- 24/7 Smart Parking mode recording on "background" ( buffer ) RAM with video recording of 10 sec before and 20 sec after motion- or g-sensor force detected. Goes automatically into parking mode after 5, 10, 20, 30 min after car is parked.

It's a 2ch dashcam ( front + rear camera ). Rear camera is remote lens camera, so you can mount it on side or rear windows, depending where you want to see more action. Or you can mount both in front with one camera aimed to left side A-pillar, other camera aimed to right side A-pillar, this way you will be able to cover about 200 degree FOV.

Will a forward or rear pointing cam going to pick this type of damage up - maybe side mounting is needed.

To be honest, with a budget of 150usd you can not get even 1 channel daschams with prebuffer. Here you are getting a 2 channel for the $ less than 1 channel. If OP could rise budget, then we would be able to find better solutions / options.

Back