d cam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in Chicago and street park my new car. Already racked up 1 car door opening into my side panel in the two weeks since I purchased. Ironically, I've been researching dashcams for last 2 weeks and haven't been able to find what I am looking for. Please assist!

Prefer the following:
  • front and rear facing/dual channel
  • about $200
  • motion and g-sensor detection and recording
  • ability to hardwire
  • good low light performance
  • stealth form factor to prevent theivery
Not required:
  • gps
  • wifi
  • smartphone enabled (android)
I've looked at Rexing V1 and V1P - seems parking mode is bad. Same story with A118/A119. Also looked @ Thinkware F770, various BlackSys and BlackVues.

Welcome to DCT. The Thinkware F770 is currently the best available fit for your needs, if you insist on limiting your choices to a dual channel dashcam.

Note that night time recordings will be sometimes be obscured by window misting, condensation, raindrops, ice or snow.

I'm guessing you cannot park in a location within range of a cctv setup, which might be a better solution than a dashcam for your circumstances.

Welcome to DCT. The Thinkware F770 is currently the best available fit for your needs, if you insist on limiting your choices to a dual channel dashcam.

Note that night time recordings will be sometimes be obscured by window misting, condensation, raindrops, ice or snow.

I'm guessing you cannot park in a location within range of a cctv setup, which might be a better solution than a dashcam for your circumstances.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Dual Channel is a preference, not a requirement. Also, any recommended retailers for the F770? I see Amazon has it starting @ $300, about $100 more than I'd prefer to pay. Not out of realm of possibilities, however I'd prefer save $ if possible.

Also, no cctv avail nearby sadly.

Blacksys CH100B is probably the cheapest two channel you could get with a proper parking mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back