Need help convincing my wife!

Chad

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
GS9000/F9 (junk)/F900L/V2000GS/V5000GS/Panorama 2s/Mobius
For the past few months I have been trying to convince my wife to let me install a cam in her car....so far she ain't having it. Any ideas on how I can persuade her????

Chad said:
For the past few months I have been trying to convince my wife to let me install a cam in her car....so far she ain't having it. Any ideas on how I can persuade her????

what's she afraid of exactly?

No idea Jokiin. She can't give me a definitive answer.... "I just don't like it" "it's distracting" (which makes no sense to me at all by the way). :roll:

Chad said:
No idea Jokiin. She can't give me a definitive answer.... "I just don't like it" "it's distracting" (which makes no sense to me at all by the way). :roll:

you need something discrete then at least, maybe next time she gets a ticket that she feels she didn't deserve she'll think about it :)

Just show the thread with all the Russian dashcam videos, and let her know it's for her protection.

Or have you caught anything locally? I know some people don't seem as bothered when they see it is from Russia, but if you had some video you captured of someone in your area running a red light, driving dangerously or even a crash then that might be a little more convincing.

CheckYourLights said:
Or have you caught anything locally? I know some people don't seem as bothered when they see it is from Russia, but if you had some video you captured of someone in your area running a red light, driving dangerously or even a crash then that might be a little more convincing.

you pretty much just have to get out and drive these days, there's always something stupid happening on the roads

I'm back in China next week, no doubt I'll capture some events while driving, there's always something mind boggling happening, cars coming at you the wrong way down a freeway off ramp, ridiculously overloaded vehicles, that sort of thing

Hi Chad

Here is what I said to my wife, show her this:

Then...talk to her about how video footage is an awesome piece of evidence to thwart auto theft or fraud.

Scenario:

• You are involved in a collision
    Your version: Offending car accelerated past your vehicle into your lane and applied breaks minimsng your break distance and driving in recklessly, causing you to make contact
    Their version: You were driving recklessly, speeding and drove into the back of their vehicle, they also claim you were on the phone
  • The vehicle in front has only one passenger
  • Later that week 5 other individuals come forward and claim they were also in that vehicle
  • They want to file charges and claim benefits from your wifes purse

How is your wife going to prove that she wasn't driving in a manner dangerous, wasn't talking on the phone, the vehicle that cut her up wasnt doing just that and there wasn't an additional 5 people in the vehicle? The fact is, she has injured 6 people in total according to the driver and thats going to affect her insurance premium, credit rating and self esteem, oh and her purse is going to be dented massively.

Get a dash cam and prove the facts, too many people have a knee jerk approach and react after an incident...

Good luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps your wife goes in to places she wants to keep secret :shock:

Milamber said:
1 How is your wife going to prove that she wasn't driving in a manner dangerous,

2 wasn't talking on the phone,

3 the vehicle that cut her up wasnt doing just that and there wasn't an additional 5 people in the vehicle?

1) any rear end collision in NJ is the fault of the car that hit the person in front. It doesn't matter why they slammed on the brakes. you must maintain safe distance and control of your vehicle at all times. even if you get cut off, if you rear end someone, it is your fault.

2) she could provide her phone records

3) the number of people, along with their names in both vehicles will be recorded on the police report at the scene

[joke]@sabe, I was thinking to the same reply when I saw the topic title. [/joke]

Chad, if the camera is disturbing her, think to a 808 #18 or 808 #16. Is not a real dashcam but you can use it in motion detect mode.
Or you can create a story...
make this story forgotten
after about two weeks take some white marker and draw some lines on her car, something like a bad person want to damage the car
use only the front of the car
be sure you can clean the car later. (you can also say that you spent $500 to repair the damage) with that money you can buy some beers :mrgreen:
When coming home and you will see the "engraved" car she already know what you want to say.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: make sure there are no other cars with dashcams in that area to record you engraving your wifes car... :lol:

Mtz said:
[joke]@sabe, I was thinking to the same reply when I saw the topic title. [/joke]

Chad, if the camera is disturbing her, think to a 808 #18 or 808 #16. Is not a real dashcam but you can use it in motion detect mode.
Or you can create a story...
make this story forgotten
after about two weeks take some white marker and draw some lines on her car, something like a bad person want to damage the car
use only the front of the car
be sure you can clean the car later. (you can also say that you spent $500 to repair the damage) with that money you can buy some beers :mrgreen:
When coming home and you will see the "engraved" car she already know what you want to say.

enjoy,
Mtz

PS: make sure there are no other cars with dashcams in that area to record you engraving your wifes car... :lol:
Aint that a bit too extreme?

Sabe said:

hahaha hey you never know!!!! :lol:

Thanks for all the replies fellas, . . . I will show her all these videos and scenarios. She's a tough nut to crack! Hopefully this will help!!! :evil:

Chad said:
Sabe said:

hahaha hey you never know!!!! :lol:

Thanks for all the replies fellas, . . . I will show her all these videos and scenarios. She's a tough nut to crack! Hopefully this will help!!! :evil:

Here's one more to see, i give original link so you can confirm that you really want to see this.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f47_1364475919
i don't really know is this pro or against having camera...

Last edited by a moderator:
tofu said:
Milamber said:
1 How is your wife going to prove that she wasn't driving in a manner dangerous,

2 wasn't talking on the phone,

3 the vehicle that cut her up wasnt doing just that and there wasn't an additional 5 people in the vehicle?

1) any rear end collision in NJ is the fault of the car that hit the person in front. It doesn't matter why they slammed on the brakes. you must maintain safe distance and control of your vehicle at all times. even if you get cut off, if you rear end someone, it is your fault.

2) she could provide her phone records

3) the number of people, along with their names in both vehicles will be recorded on the police report at the scene

That buddy is a load of sheet.

There is no such thing as an automatic penalization against any vehicle that makes contact with the rear of another, in a collision. The situation has to be vetted by insurance and police, otherwise we would have people that want new paints jobs or rear bumpers driving around the cities slamming their brakes on. Please don't comment or offer advice if you don't know WTF you’re taking about.

"You must maintain safe distance and control of your vehicle at all times" - what does that even have to do with making contact with another vehicle? So on that note your stating that you maintain a safe distance, the vehicle accelerates into your path slamming their brakes on to avoid a collision with the vehicle in front of them, subsequently you hit their vehicle and it’s your fault! Stop smoking toothpaste!! I have checked your information and it's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, go and speak with NYPD.

Here is the number for 1st Precinct in Manhattan (212) 334-0611

[quote="jokiin"

I'm back in China next week, no doubt I'll capture some events while driving, there's always something mind boggling happening, cars coming at you the wrong way down a freeway off ramp, ridiculously overloaded vehicles, that sort of thing[/quote]

So it's possible that we may never hear from you again... :|

Milamber said:
...That buddy is a load of sheet.

...go speak with NYPD.

Here is the number for 1st Precinct in Manhattan (212) 334-0611
...says the guy who drives on the wrong side of the road.

tofu was referring to N.J. law. Is the NYPD Manhattan precinct now in New Jersey? Maybe he should call the Bulgarian police to confirm it.

Where I drive it is also as tofu suggests. Unless you have a dashcam to prove that the guy cut in front and slammed on the brakes, the guy in the back is at fault. I was taught to leave enough distance to be able to stop in time if the car in front came to an immediate halt. No one leaves enough room, but you're supposed to.

Back