Need help to upgrade my Blackvue DR750

zerosisi

Reaction score
Country
China
Hi Guys,

Nice meeting you all.
I am very new here as the google search is blocked in China, not easy to find forum overseas to discuss dash cam.

My friend bring me a new DR750 from Korea and I just put it on my BMW F30. All work fine just I could not understand Korean... Does anyone here know how to upgrade the language package to English version? I tried download the english firmware v1.003 on its website and follow the instruction to upgrade but failed.

Also, although I turned on the parking model via APP on iphone and set the voltage to 11.8 and 24 hrs, but seems the parking model does not work at all. Maybe I just installed it in a wrong way and need advise here.

Thank you and wish you all the best in 2015~~

I'm using a Dr750 on my F30. Basically u can update to the latest firmware via Blackvue APP.
Update via FOTA.

Your installer need to connect it correctly to the right fuse. There are a lot of fuse that cut power after shutting engine for 10mins.
Only a handful of fuse still supply power.

Thank you wiiliamm~~Please advise which fuse shall I install with the yellow wire? The red wire with ACC shall be installed with normal fuses which will cut down power after engine shut right?
Tried FOTA to download English firmware patch on iphone and connect to 750 but seems still the language is korean...

Hi,
Hi Guys,

Nice meeting you all.
I am very new here as the google search is blocked in China, not easy to find forum overseas to discuss dash cam.

My friend bring me a new DR750 from Korea and I just put it on my BMW F30. All work fine just I could not understand Korean... Does anyone here know how to upgrade the language package to English version? I tried download the english firmware v1.003 on its website and follow the instruction to upgrade but failed.
I got my Cam in Germany and has the German firmware installed.
When trying to follow the simple firmware update I copied the "BlackVue" folder to the clean Micro SSD card and nothing happened. I tried with both the zip file AND the BlackVue folder and still nothing.
What you really need to do is use 7zip or similar to extract the files to your clean empty Micro SSD card and that also copies a How to upgrade Filmware.txt file to the root.
However, given you are trying to move from Korean to English you will find that there will be a "Wrong Version" message.
This is what I get in German repeated continuously as I am trying to upgrade from German to English.

So, if we look into the BlackVue folder we see that there is a folder called Config. Within this there is a file called "version.bin" view with notepad or EditPlus or Notepad++ and you see the version info.
Now, in several of my attempts to update the firmware (copy of BlackVue folder only) I was always prompted to format the card. Once done the existing copy of the firmware and folders is copied onto the newly formatted card as well as the players and folder for the recordings. Interestingly, you will also see two ini files with the user settings in them so copying those two files before doing a firmware update may be peoples passport to reinstating their settings easily once updated?

So I am off to try this update with the original .bin file and see what happens.

Wonko. . . ;)

Hi,

Just to let you know that that fix worked and the firmware has been updated. All menus and verbal instructions now in English.
So to recap:
1) Copy your old BlackVue folder to your PC as a backup.
2) Extract the files to the micro ssd card and include the "How to upgrade Filmware.txt" file.
3) Replace the \\BlackVue\Config\Version.bin with that old one from your backup.
4) Install the micro ssd card into the BlackVue and power up.
Voila!

Wonko. . . ;)

Hi,

Just to let you know that that fix worked and the firmware has been updated. All menus and verbal instructions now in English.
So to recap:
1) Copy your old BlackVue folder to your PC as a backup.
2) Extract the files to the micro ssd card and include the "How to upgrade Filmware.txt" file.
3) Replace the \\BlackVue\Config\Version.bin with that old one from your backup.
4) Install the micro ssd card into the BlackVue and power up.
Voila!

Wonko. . . ;)
Hi,

Thank you so much and will try as back to home today!!!

GOOD!!!!

Hi,

zerosisi: Let us know how you get on with the update.

Wonko. . . ;)

Hi,
I did not backup the original blackvue folder. any idea what I should do? Thank you

Hi,

Have you updated the firmware yet? If not, pop a spare small micro SD card into the camera an format it.
You can also download all firmwares from the blackvue website.

Wonko. . . ;)

Thank you Wonko.
Yes I did.
I downloaded the newest firmware upgrade file, copied the BlackVue folder to the SD card. When I turn on the power, the BlackVue starts, but displays a blank screen.

Hi,

See my two posts above and pay particular attention to the ini file info.

Wonko. . . ;)

Hi,

We'll, my opinion of this dash cam goes down every day.
Now I see that the GPS is not finding a location. Is it the firmware I have installed? The GPS module?
I tested with a good GPS from another cam and whilst the flashing blue led let's me know that the module knows where I am there is neither a symbol on screen (there is, but one for no GPS!) nor the led on the unit.

Must look and see if there is new firmware.

Add to this the flimsy and poor quality of the supplied mounting solution, the 3 minute files size and I have gone off this cam completely... :(

Wonko. . . ;)

Last edited:
Hi,

There is now Uk english firmware (.12) which I will try. I have also submitted a question to blackvue for their consideration.

Wonko. . . ;)

I have upgraded to the new version, I haven't noticed much of a difference but then I have only just got the camera and so far the video quality has been good but the audio was inaudible so the camera was replaced after 2 days the new camera audio is better bit still not great. I don't know whether it is a trait of the camera as I have no one near with this model to compare

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E DR750LW-2CH 5
Back