Need Help Troubleshooting Rear Camera new blackvue user

Santiago1993

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my friend's front and rear blackvue dr650 2 ch. Camera worked perfectly for him front and back before we took it out of the old car. Downloaded the application installed the camera, now can't get rear video (front video is fine).

When I go to switch to rear camera it says to check the connection of the selected camera (meaning the rear)

ALREADY CHECKED: Cable is connected right, light on rear camera turns on so it has power, latest firmware update, coxial cable and inside are perfect... any ideas?

Attachments

• 8FA0A305-58D0-4589-8829-C40AD1EA4241.jpeg
    8FA0A305-58D0-4589-8829-C40AD1EA4241.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 5
  • C64593B6-5184-4FB6-9E76-CD1497F6312A.png
    C64593B6-5184-4FB6-9E76-CD1497F6312A.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
Sounds like you already checked the things I would have suggested. The DR650GW is an old system, it wouldn't surprise me if it has gone bad. The rear camera for mine quit working about a year or so ago so now I am running it as only a front camera in the Jeep. Dash cams are subjected to extreme temperature changes throughout days. This causes expansion and contraction on all its components and eventually something will fail.

Sounds like you already checked the things I would have suggested. The DR650GW is an old system, it wouldn't surprise me if it has gone bad. The rear camera for mine quit working about a year or so ago so now I am running it as only a front camera in the Jeep. Dash cams are subjected to extreme temperature changes throughout days. This causes expansion and contraction on all its components and eventually something will fail.

Is this camera cloud enabled? It has no cloud code, i know they have the way of sending the serial number and SSID address to blackvue for them to send a cloud ID however my SSID just says "black" with no numbers following it

I never paid attention to cloud functions if it has it. I just let the memory card do all the storage. And when I need to review files, I just take the card into the house to view on the computer. I don't even remember what the wifi password is on it.

Back