Need Password

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 5+ year-old DR650GW-2CH/FHD-HD camera. I just downloaded the latest BlackVue iPad App and it no longer connects to the camera. I got to the point where it wants me to connect manually using the SSID and Password. It refers me to a sticker on the camera that contains both items. My camera has no such sticker. Is there a default password I can try? I have no memory of ever changing the password from its default value. If I had, I would have entered the information in my password vault. I tried my most common password which I use with all non-critical non-financial stuff, but it doesn't work. Is there any way to proceed? Is there any way to roll-back my App revision to the last revision?

I found out that the default password in these older units is 'blackvue'. I tried that without success. I also tried resetting the password according to the instructions, also without success.

I should never have updated the App since it was working just fine!

Can't say for sure, but most dashcams have a default password of 12345678 or 012345678. Blackvue might help you but they've EOL'ed the 650 so they might not.

Phil

Can't say for sure, but most dashcams have a default password of 12345678 or 012345678. Blackvue might help you but they've EOL'ed the 650 so they might not.

Phil
Like I said above, I am now sorry I upgraded the App. If there is a way to roll it back to the previous revision, maybe I can get it to work again. I found the 'blackvue' default password on a BlackVue page. Since mine is an older unit and since it doesn't have the referenced sticker on it, I tried this default, without success. I also tried my own personal common password that I use on a whole bunch of non-critical sites. I also tried their instructions on resetting the password. I am stuck for the moment and need to do some more research. Maybe it is time for me to start thinking about a replacement camera...something that address a couple of gripes I have always had about this one. For one thing, it is too sensitive to heat. I would never expect it to work in a parked car with the windows rolled up on a hot day. However, I would expect it to work in an air-conditioned car on a hot day. But every once-in-a-while, it will do a reset. The second gripe has to do with the soldered-in clock battery. Mine has been dead for over 2 years now and I have never tried to get it replaced. The battery should be something you can just slip in and out...not something that needs soldering.

Back