Need SMD tactile switch ( small )

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have become in dire need of a small tactile SMD switch, size 5 X 5 X 1.5 mm.
looking something like this.
08720-03-L.jpg

I can not find them that small here in DK, and outside i cant find them just 1 single switch and i dont feel like byuing 50 even if it is rather cheap.
But maybe some scavenger have some lying around, it is for use in a flashlight so sub 12 V and not tonnes of AMPs going thru it.

c2bed70c0ba484da4f26df6c2343a0438113dfe4.jpg

All I can think of is asking at BLF or CPF. My stuff is in storage offsite but I'll look when I next visit there. I can offer a tip on cheap shipping: Most nations will allow a regular letter ro be sent at the thickness of corrugated cardboard so make a small hole in the cardboard for the part, stick it in an envelope, and avoid paying for package rates.

As my luck usually goes my 'beater' C8, an ancient Trustfire, just died (LED) but the switch had been a little wonky anyway or I'd mail it to you. You might be able to find a suitable switch in some old coffeemaker or radio if all else fails.

Phil

Yes i have been tearing into old stuff in hope of finding a switch, and i also found many but all too big.
Later today i will try and jerry rig it so i can at least have a little light in my bedroom again, it is pretty much only when i look for something in my moving boxes at night i use it, otherwise i can navigate fine in the darkness and the little light in the switch for the mains extender i have on my bedside cardboard box / tabel.

Have you looked on AliExpress? Should have what you are looking for but delivery will takes weeks.

yes found plenty sellers, but of 5000 switches

Banggood have 50 switches, and also fairly cheap, but i don't want to buy 50 and have 49 lying around as E-waste,,,,,,, i am or trying not to be that kind of guy.

Can you solder some wires from the PCB to a bigger switch?
Might find a bigger switch easier to mount and use.
Desoldering that tiny switch might not be too easy, and desoldering one from an old PCB and then soldering it back on to yours might not result in a working switch.

Yes but it cant be a taller switch cuz then the rubber part you press with your finger on the flashlight cant be there.
So far the switches i have found in old stuff have been a little too large ( like 7x7 mm ) but also too tall around 3-4 mm.
Yes will have to buy a new fine tip for my soldering iron, the one i have are too raped by use with too high temperatures where really i should have used another larger tip.
But it is a weller so i can get a new tip just fine, i also need to contact a local electronics store, they might have something that's not listed on their web site.

Yes but it cant be a taller switch cuz then the rubber part you press with your finger on the flashlight cant be there.
Maybe you can shorten the rubber part.

The rubber part do have a,,,,,,,, prong / nipple on the lower part, that i assume i could cut into a little.
But this feel very naughty so its my last resort.

Smaller is something you can work with,,,,, unless you are a woman of course :LOL:

Would a broken computer mouse have those switches? I had a mouse go bad when the switch I used the most stopped working. There are normally 3 switches in a mouse so 2 others would remain.

I think normally mouse switches are of a larger kind, even the switches in a mouse are now a science for competitive gamers.

The new ASUS ROG Chakram mouse even come with spare switches, or maybe other tactile properties.

spec-mobile.png

In the meantime maybe you could turn it into a 'twisty' by bridging the contacts with wire and screwing/unscrewing the tail or head. It will work till the anodizing wears away. And maybe the switch in one of those super-cheap 3*AAA cell lights might work if the amperage is low enough in yours.

I don't have good light or working conditions here so I might have saved my C8 but I somehow dedomed and smeared away the LED in the process of fooling with it. I really should have known better :rolleyes:

Phil

Thats actually not a bad idea phil.
Should work fine for my rare find this little doo dad, or clean underwear.

Back