Need some advise on a dashcam

m6ceb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

Im hoping you can help me,

I have about £80 to spend on a dash cam and want the best one i can get, preferably i would want,

1, auto record? maybe just start the car and it starts recording automatically.

2, not bothered about having a screen

3, small ish

there are so many to choose from, i did have a cheap Chinese one once for £20 and it was terrible so want to get the best one i can for my money :)

was looking at the mini 0806 but with it being a Chinese brand (i think) im not sure, i also saw the
Blacksys CF-100

Thanks for all your help guys!

How about the transend drivepro 200? looks prety good?

For £80 I'd get a Transcend DP100.
The CF-100 is somewhat different to the DP100 in that it doesn't have a screen, has a capacitor instead of a battery, has clip length fixed at one-minute, has limited video editing options if you want to crop a small clip out, only uses three-quarters of the memory card for regular recording (reserves a quarter for emergency recordings), has a slightly wider field of view, slightly better night ability but moderately worse ability to capture details.

Be aware that there are now two variants of the Transcend DP200 in circulation - pre-2016 cams with capacitor and the 2016 model with battery. The main appeal of the DP200 over other cams in its price range was its capacitor which has been replaced by battery in the latest version. Video quality from the DP200 is fairly similar to the DP100 apart from the DP200 having a slightly wider field of view.

Thanks for all your help, went for the drivepro 200 in the end, fitted it today and its amazing! I love the fact it just starts recording straight away and never have to touch it!, awesome! Thanks again!

Set and forget, and then not quite.

It is a good idea to do a format of the memory once in a while to restore the FAT that can get messed up by all the "small" files getting created and deleted all the time when the card is full.
If you look into it once every 2 - 3 weeks or so it will be fine, and if you forget it thats allso fine, just dont forget it all together.

Back