Neoroad OTOSAVER DAS-3000HD

skippy11

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi guys, just bought this new dashcamera. It can be used as a regular camcorder and camera up to ten minutes. It also has an internal battery saver that cuts power when vehicle battery is low. Sd card can be formatted by pressing a button. Hope this would not overheat like my old blackvue. Will be updating in a few days

Hi Skippy,

This camera has some decent specifications and it doesn't appear to be too big.

img_large01.jpg

This is the first time I have heard of the Korean manufacturer Neoroad. They have an English page for this camera here.

Some videos on Youtube (best to search das3000hd):

Day Video

Night Video

Cheapest price seems to be $260 from some vendor called happychan12 on eBay. There are a few other sellers on eBay for a bit more money but as of today, no one has sold any units.

Skippy, where did you purchase? Looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is not so great. Also it has an external GPS.

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it in vancouver bc. There is an authorized vendor. Search it on craigslist or kijiji.

And so i also bought a dashcamera. I had no idea what it was but the dealer (otosaver) is a very good family friend so i got one. i tried to get some research about it however, there isn't any review. i saw some video's about it in revscene but that's about it. i do know that this unit comes in english and it is smaller than a blackvue. i do not have any regrets getting one as i am now AWARE of the importance of such an accessory. i also be posting updates :D

Hi, I've had mine for nearly a month now.

So far, I love it. We have had about a month of relatively hot weather here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Not LA kind of hot, but consistently in the mid to high 20's (Celcius). I drive a black car, so the interior does get pretty hot. My Blackvue kept getting blurry in the heat, but the DAS 3000 has not failed yet. Night footage is not that great, but I'd much rather have something that will not shut down on me or record fuzzy images due to heat.

One problem that I am having at the moment, is with the external GPS. No matter what I try, the time and date changes to the same time zone as Taipei? Whatever time zone that is the same as Taipei. I have no idea why, but I checked my world clock on my iPod and it matches the time and date of Taipei's time zone, LOL. I had the proper time zone display a couple of times, but it always reverts back to the other time zone. I imagine it is Korean time zone without daylight savings. At least that's my guess. It gets pretty annoying, as I have the dashcam hooked up to my Alpine screen. The speed works just fine. I guess I should check out the map feature........ I could be driving in downtown Seoul for all I know, hee hee.

Anyone else have this problem?

We met representatives from Neoroad over a year ago over here in Sydney for a conference.
They were promoting this model, and video at the time was quite impressive on the big screen (driving through city with flashy neon lights) :lol:

However having since reviewed the quality, its easy to say the quality is relatively "average". The model is quite outdated.. no WDR etc. Furthermore, its disappointing considering its operated on the TI chipset.

604 said:
One problem that I am having at the moment, is with the external GPS. No matter what I try, the time and date changes to the same time zone as Taipei? Whatever time zone that is the same as Taipei. I have no idea why

Anyone else have this problem?

When did you buy this unit?
For some strange reason this product's firmware/GPS is only set for Korea / Taiwan and Russia. The problem you mentioned sounds about right.
I believe they've since updated it though.

CoreTech said:
We met representatives from Neoroad over a year ago over here in Sydney for a conference.
They were promoting this model, and video at the time was quite impressive on the big screen (driving through city with flashy neon lights) :lol:

However having since reviewed the quality, its easy to say the quality is relatively "average". The model is quite outdated.. no WDR etc. Furthermore, its disappointing considering its operated on the TI chipset.

I'm not sure why the Koreans are all so keen on the TI solution, it's very difficult to work with and doesn't offer the best of results, many of them using it though

jokiin said:
CoreTech said:

I'm not sure why the Koreans are all so keen on the TI solution, it's very difficult to work with and doesn't offer the best of results, many of them using it though

and Ti Get a lot hot :lol:
wondering also why they don´t like Ambarella.

GeorgesNJR said:
and Ti Get a lot hot :lol:
wondering also why they don´t like Ambarella.

not sure they don't like it, I think maybe they don't have access to any support channels in Korea for it though

Anyone have english firmware for this dvr?

Back