New 027 (no-IR) with hardware problem... I think

SamNavy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great forum... after a recent thread in another forum I frequent, I'll never own another car without a dashcam. Bought this unit as a "first try" because it was cheap to experiment with before I go crazy with some better ones. Eventual plan is a dual-cam setup on the windshield and a rear-facing cam on the back-window. But for now...

I have read the FAQ and reviewed every page in the subforum... with no answer. I have tried 3 different cards (but all Class4) and multiple re-formats and I continue to get "no SD card" when inserted. My issue is that with the card inserted and seeing the warning, even the slightest pressure on the card causes the hourglass to appear... releasing pressure resumes the screen with the warning. I suspect that there may be a bad contact in the card-chassis.

I have just ordered 2x Samsung 16gb Class10 SDHC cards from Amazon as a final check to see if it's the cards... but wanted to see if anybody has ever heard of a defective built-in card-reader. Other than this issue, the unit performs perfectly.

Will provide a complete review (as if there weren't enough) in a few weeks after initial impressions assuming new cards fixes the problem, or perhaps you'll hear about what particular sound this camera makes when struck with a hammer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D DVR-XX7 10
E DVR-XX7 1
E DVR-XX7 2
Z DVR-XX7 2
L DVR-XX7 10
Back