New 2104 FW v1.12.02 Download link & Video vs v1.11.13 vs v1.08.05

Maybe I wasn't on 1.08... I mean it seemed more sensitive now, but I have no proof, its just a hunch...

I think its fantastic the support this camera receives here. Its good to see Sungmoon Jang actually browsing and taking an interest in the product. This, combined with the performance, and price point, make this camera very easy to recommend.

I am pleased to learn about 128gb compatibility.

Hi,
I put G sensor on low setting on the new firmware and it seems about the same as before, or at least no worse than before. In my late model truck, it was triggered about 7 times today between Sydney and Canberra.

I agree with @dashy and @bigjezza , I drove this morning with the g-sensor in its lowest setting with this firmware and I found it's still too sensitive. I did perceive it as less sensitive than previous firmwares, but it's still not usable in my daily driving. I started this thread to try and find actual triggering values that might help the developer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it takes a lot of time to put pictures for comparison but it definitely will show us if image quality is just the same as 1.08.05 or if firmware makes it better than that. I am still hoping that developers can try to clear up the image from the purple haze but still keep night time footage brighter than version 1.11.13.

I agree with @dashy and @bigjezza , I drove this morning with the g-sensor in its lowest setting with this firmware and I found it's still too sensitive. I did perceive it as less sensitive than previous firmwares, but it's still not usable in my daily driving. I started this thread to try and find actual triggering values that might help the developer.

I probably should have stated that I drive an suv so the ride is more plush (damped) versus even just a Nissan versa. The roads I mainly drive are paved and well taken care of. I have been able to trigger the g sensor ( latest firmware, lowest setting) making sharp turns in a parking lot. So for my situation, I have been able to leave the g sensor on. I did try medium setting on the latest firmware for a bit and the sensitivity triggered excessive locks. So back to low setting it went.

Thank you for your excellent writeup! I'll be updating my firmware within the next few days.

Hello everybody, I found one bug in this firmware. I selected video overlap and after that most of videos was damaged. I checked sd card with windows disk diagnostic, it shows a lot of errors and message that files haven't been correctly saved.

Yesterday I've switched off overlap, and today checked new videos, all of them are OK.

Hello everybody, I found one bug in this firmware. I selected video overlap and after that most of videos was damaged. I checked sd card with windows disk diagnostic, it shows a lot of errors and message that files haven't been correctly saved.

Yesterday I've switched off overlap, and today checked new videos, all of them are OK.
I'm going to hold off updating until this can be confirmed.

Sorry guys, probably I hurried with previous post. This problem occurs again with switched off overlap. So, please ignore my previous post.

I will inform you the reason as soon as it will be found.

Sorry guys, probably I hurried with previous post. This problem occurs again with switched off overlap. So, please ignore my previous post.

I will inform you the reason as soon as it will be found.
1.have you tried formatting the card inside the machine
2.have you tried using a diffrent card

I've formatted card after switched off overlap. I didn't try use other card. Today I've switched off parking mode, maybe that is the reason. We will see.

I'm with these users, the g-sensor is still to sensitive for daily driving. Random bumps in the road cause it to trigger. I too have switched it off in the mean time.

I've formatted card after switched off overlap. I didn't try use other card. Today I've switched off parking mode, maybe that is the reason. We will see.
Definitely try using another card... Sounds like the obvious culprit... Parking mode shouldn't be causing any issues (I use it all the time)...

I've switched off parking mode and one from 14 new videos is damaged. So looks like I need to replace sd card.

I've switched off parking mode and one from 14 new videos is damaged. So looks like I need to replace sd card.

For 11 month of using Psnorama2 with different FW along with Samsung 16Gb SD card that was supplied on the first place I did not experience any recording / writing issues. Last month it seems like Samsung SD card "retired" created unreadsble ( corrupted ) files. I tried oroginal formatting tool ( I think best is Panasonic one ), worked few hours, then same error and after again few attemps to "wake-up" memory card, - I gave up as I understand 16Gb was working hard for 10 moth and it was just about right time for it to "retire".
Higher capacity of memomy cards is prefered. Their full over-writing cycle is not that often and there for they last longer.

You are welcome !
I am also do respect hard job of Powerucc who constantly working on firmware and other improvement in order to keep product up to high quality and competitive standards.
And I like that developer ( @Sungmoon Jang ) is joined forum and listens to us quickly reacting to changes which need to be done.

I wish more developers and vendors likes of @jokiin, @FoxOffer etc. would be presented here in person in order to have close relationship with end consumer and to know what are our concerns, feedback, proposals etc.

I do think, DCT beeing one of the most popular English-speaking dashcam forums, other developers and vendors for sure reading it, but unfortunatly they are probably not brave enough to be as active as they should be. Only some time promoting their product ( which is good ), but when it comes to solving problems, - they hide away :(. But thats their choice. We all do our own conclusions from this ;)

OK, yours and other Panorama 2 users feedback will be slways welcome.
Keep in touch.
This post is from a few weeks ago but I was just thinking because many of the developers are in Asia, reading and writing in English might be difficult for them which would be a big obstacle to post here. I don't know though, English is my first language. When I visit another country and try to practice another language they just start speaking English to me too and I never really learn any other language...:p I'm lucky my language is so popular. ;) Still it seems like Chinese & Korean are such different languages it must be hard to learn English. I know my German & French are very bad. o_O
I'm happy I checked the forum though and am excited to try the new firmware tonight.

Hi Niko, love your work. Is there an option to have the menu flipped so I can mount the camera upside down? I'm going to be installing the camera on my dashboard, and not the windscreen, so the unit will be upside down. My other option I'm going to attempt if this is not possible is unscrewing the mount, and gluing it onto the bottom of the camera.

Hi Niko, love your work. Is there an option to have the menu flipped so I can mount the camera upside down? I'm going to be installing the camera on my dashboard, and not the windscreen, so the unit will be upside down. My other option I'm going to attempt if this is not possible is unscrewing the mount, and gluing it onto the bottom of the camera.

Thanks. I have forwarded your request to developer.
This is first time I know somebody asking such a feature, but it's all depends on how big job needed from their side to write new firmware.
I will keep updated.

Thanks for that. I can understand it'll be tricky if you need to then flip the recorded image as well as the info displayed on the video. I'm only concerned about the touch screen being flipped because I can use Registrator Viewer to flip the video the right way around on my computer.

Thanks for that. I can understand it'll be tricky if you need to then flip the recorded image as well as the info displayed on the video. I'm only concerned about the touch screen being flipped because I can use Registrator Viewer to flip the video the right way around on my computer.

Great thinking @ RegistratorViewer, - it's true helper in many things.

If realistically thinking, - how many times will you be using a touchscreen ;)

Back