New 750S-2CH getting lots of digital artifacts

Hmmm ... I hadn't tried Brightness Level 1 - is that your recommendation? Earlier in the thread it was suggested to try 3 Front / 5 Rear ... so I've been staying more in that area. I guess I have another thing to test out now....

BlackVue recommended setting brightness levels to 1 with firmware 1.001, but I find the image to be too dark. Additionally if I leave the brightness set to level 2, the sensor has foo much gain in night view as to become almost unusable. My 750s is washed out and has significant flashing artifacts. Like I mentioned the addition of artifacts due to the oversharpening in1.001 add even more to the compression artifacts in rapidly changing scenes that include large amounts of detail such as foliage. You may see an improvement with 30fps (although it takes away one of the major benefits of the 750)

4. New brightness default/recommended setting. We optimized the image for a Brightness setting of 1. We recommend changing Brightness to 1 after performing the upgrade.

Why would you make 1 the optimized setting???

Last edited:
4. New brightness default/recommended setting. We optimized the image for a Brightness setting of 1. We recommend changing Brightness to 1 after performing the upgrade.

Why would you make 1 the optimized setting???

if that's what they recommend why wouldn't they set that as the default for you, doesn't sound logical

Just to follow up, Blackvue tech supports answers were:

1) Make sure you're on the latest firmware

(I replied and said I was)

2) Send the camera back for RMA replacement.

Based on the feedback here I doubt I have a hardware problem. I also have a camera just installed on our other car, so when I get some free time I'm going to pull some clips from over there and see if there's any difference. I doubt I'll send it back ....

just ordered this yesterday thinking its prob not an issue
now im wondering if i should cancel

I found that firmware 1.001 is part of the issue. BlackVue added significant amounts of in camera sharpening and blurring to address some reported soft focus issues. This significant over sharpening created dramatic sharpening artifacts and contrast. These sharpening artifacts and added contrast exacerbate the compression artifacts. Not to mention the issues that developed with need to set your brightness to level1, to prevent the overdriving of the sensor in NV, the latest firmware is a bit of a disaster... I went back to 1.ooo.

I just purchased the DR750 last week. I'm having the same digital artifact issues when driving though an area with a lot of trees. My camera came with firmware 1.001, I upgraded it to 1.002 and the problem still occurs. Are you saying the original firmware version 1.000 fixes the digital artifact problem? If so, is anyone on this forum willing to share the original firmware file with me? I can't find it online.

Thanks

I just purchased the DR750 last week. I'm having the same digital artifact issues when driving though an area with a lot of trees. My camera came with firmware 1.001, I upgraded it to 1.002 and the problem still occurs. Are you saying the original firmware version 1.000 fixes the digital artifact problem? If so, is anyone on this forum willing to share the original firmware file with me? I can't find it online.

Thanks

the problem is due to the low bitrate the camera uses, it can't encode the detail when there is this much going on in the scene

Thanks, I called BlackVue earlier today and the representative said they're working on new firmware to fix the issue. I wish the settings on this camera were as configurable as the settings on my Dahua and Hikvision IP cameras...

Thanks, I called BlackVue earlier today and the representative said they're working on new firmware to fix the issue.

Blackvue cameras have always had this issue so I'm sure owners of all their models will be interested to see if they actually do address this issue

Blackvue cameras have always had this issue so I'm sure owners of all their models will be interested to see if they actually do address this issue

I wish I knew that before I purchased it. All of the videos I saw on YouTube were clear and smooth. Hopefully they do fix the issue.
Maybe I should've purchased the Thinkware F800 instead :(

If you set it in 30fps instead of 60fps you get a much vetter quality.
It's the same bitrate in 60fps so each frame gets only half as much data. The 30fps is better as long as you not plan kan making slowmotion videos.

I tried the 30fps setting and it didn't seem to make a difference.

I have the same camera and think the diffrence is noticable. It's double the data per pixel so it should really make a diffrence.

I'll try it again tomorrow, It's too dark now for the issue to be noticeable.

I changed it to 30FPS with the image quality set to Highest

I feel that day quality is at least a good as the 650 (that I have in my other car).

The thing I really dont like is that it's to bright when filming at night. The video is gained so much it gets to much noice. I have night mode off and brightness down to 1.

Back